Chapter Eleven

~Sirius' POV~

"Excuse me, Gentlemen; we have a new addition to the archery club." The staff member in charge of overseeing the archery club called out to the gathering of students. They were all currently trying out their bows making sure the height and weight was best suited to each of them.

I'd only just begun at Weston College, but it was a requirement that all students participate in at least one club activity. Sewing club wouldn't have been too bad, I'd had practice with sewing corpses when I'd help father, but I had a feeling telling the rest of my club mates that may make me a social pariah. I'd been interested in archery. It looked like something I would enjoy.

"P-professor, you can't be serious?!" A boy a few years older than me stuttered as a rosy blush claimed his sharp cheekbones. "That's improper." He had bright green eyes and smoothed back pale blonde hair. His shoulders were broad, his body lean and muscular with an athletic build and he looked absolutely flustered.

I clenched my fists at my sides and reached for the bow the professor had been about to give me to use, "Choose your next words very carefully, rich boy."

He faltered by my words. His mouth was agape at the shock of how informally I'd spoken to him. "A lady shouldn't speak like th-!"

I easily slid an arrow into place, "I mean it, rich boy." I hissed.

"Miss Sirius, we don't draw if there are people in the line of fire!" The professor began to panic as I raised my bow and aimed directly at the chauvinistic rich boy.

"This isn't a woman's gam-."

I loosed my arrow before he could finish his sentence as rage welled within me. Everyone standing near the blonde dove to the ground and threw their arms over their heads with a chorus of yelps.

THWACK

The arrow hit his bow right above his grip and lodged itself into the wooden frame. He didn't even flinch. There wasn't a moment of fear or hesitation in his eyes.

"Miss Sirius!" The professor looked ready to faint. "Greenhill, are you alright?!"

Greenhill? I smirked slightly to myself perhaps he wasn't as useless, spineless or despicable as the rest of these vile boys attending this school. He could be fun.

"Nice aim." He looked as if he were still battling for control as if what he was about to say went against everything he stood for, "I guess with talent like yours, it may be acceptable to make an exception."

"Whatever are you talking about?" I scoffed, "I missed." My smile was wicked and had the spineless idiots still sprawled across the ground cowering. "I'm bored with archery anyway." I shrugged and handed my bow to the still stunned professor, "Perhaps I'll try my hand at wrestling."

"E-e-e-eh?!" Greenhill looked beside himself, "ABSOLUTELY NOT! Have you no shame?!"

"Just kidding." I threw him a wink and watched in awe as his face flushed crimson spreading even to the tips of his ears.

"Did you have permission to be on the lawn yesterday, Miss Sirius?" Greenhill pondered as he caught me in the gardens, skipping out on my Latin lecture.

"I don't need anyone's permission to do anything, Greenhill." I shrugged in a bored manner as I sat at the fountain feeling as if I were going to overheat due to the damned school uniform. Because this was a school based on tradition and values, the girls' uniforms were absolutely atrocious. Long bell-shaped skirts with high waists that felt as if they were sucking the life right out of the one wearing them and long sleeved ruffled white tops with an unflattering vest in our house colors.