Chapter Fourteen

~Sirius' POV~

"I'm still impressed a commoner managed to get into this academy." An arrogant voice sounded from behind me as I spaced out near the track and field.

I reluctantly turned and grimaced as I spotted Derrick Arden and his posse of friends. "I'm still impressed they admitted someone without class. Though I guess it helps when your family is rich and can just pay off people to ignore your many flaws."

"Watch your mouth, commoner." His cold eyes narrowed into a glare.

Brushing him aside as if he were nothing more than air, I turned and headed for the bleachers where I'd left my archery gear. Perhaps I should give him a scare. He'd been getting bolder and more daring with each of our encounters. Just because he was related to the queen, he felt no law could touch him, and I really wanted to knock him down a peg.

Normally Derrick was displaying his good boy act and sucking up to the P4, but I saw through him on his very first day of school. He'd been bullying some first years with such cruelty that I couldn't help but step in. Though perhaps throwing my massive history textbook at his head wasn't the nicest way to intervene, it sure as hell made me feel good. Ever since that day, Derrick believed we were sworn enemies and tried to 'torment' me every chance he got. However just being in his presence was reason enough to make my stomach turn.

"Have you thought about my proposition?" He smiled lazily causing his group of cronies to guffaw.

Perhaps beating them all senseless with my textbook afterward had knocked a few screws loose. Now not only did they all try to make me miserable whenever they got a chance, but those first years I'd inadvertently rescued started a fan club. I just didn't like these morons thinking they were so tough. In all honesty I just wanted them to realize they could get their asses handed to them by a girl. But I guess them picking on those first years had kind of ticked me off a bit, one had reminded me of Ciel when he was younger.

"Sorry, I tend to tune out anything you say to me." I shrugged as I reached the bleachers and picked up my bow with my back to them so they couldn't see what I was doing.

Derrick laughed coldly, "I'll pay you." He said in a sickening voice.

I slid an arrow into place and prepared to turn and draw. "Pay me for what?" What on Earth was he going on about? Perhaps I should start listening to him when he speaks to me.

"Like you don't know. It's the only profession I can see you in." He laughed, "Whoring of course."

Rage bubbled up within me and I swiveled around to face him and his cronies while drawing back my bowstring. "You sure you want to piss off the girl with the bow?"

His goons jumped and scrambled to get out of my line of fire.

Derrick grinned smugly and folded his arms across his chest, "You wouldn't dare."

I loosed my arrow without a moment's hesitation and readied another in an instant. My first arrow landed a millimeter away from his shoe. "Why don't you dance for me?" I smirked as he jumped away from the arrow staring at me in horror.

"Are you bloody insane?! That could have hit me!" He snarled enraged.

"Guess you better dance so they don't hit you." I loosed another arrow and readied a third.

Derrick stumbled out of the way dramatically trying to hide behind his 'friends' and use them as shields. "Crazy bitch!" He screamed as I laughed maniacally while firing arrows all around them.