Chapter Two

~Ciel's POV~

I looked up at the eerie wooden sign hanging above an even eerier looking shop. It read 'Undertaker'. I took in a deep breath and was about to push the door open when Sebastian suddenly grabbed hold of my arm and pulled me out of the way. Not even a second later, the door flew open and a well-dressed young man perhaps a year or two older than me, tripping all over himself, scrambled to get out.

"I'm s-s-sorry. I-I d-didn't mean t-to be too f-forward." He stuttered; his brown eyes were wide with terror.

A scalpel zipped out of the open doorway and landed wedged between the cobblestone path just between his legs, narrowly avoiding a very painful removal of a certain appendage.

"N-nice aim." His voice sounded an octave too high.

"Whatever are you talking about? I missed." A beautiful angelic voice sang from inside the shop. "Now let's get one thing straight, Mister Scott." An absolutely stunning young woman with a slender figure stepped out of the shop. Her otherworldly emerald orbs were blazing with a burning passion. Her long silvery hair hung freely around her reaching her slender waist, "I am not some silly little damsel that needs a knight to sweep me off my feet. I cannot believe you'd have the audacity to even conceive such a notion." She continued on angrily.

"I just w-want to protect you." The young man stammered.

Siri clenched her fists at her sides and stalked forward with another scalpel threateningly poised between her fingers. "I don't need protecting." She hissed.

"All girls need protecting." The idiot got to his feet. He was gaining confidence. He thought he was winning the battle.

She sprang forward and caught him by the collar of his shirt and pressed the tip of the scalpel against his quivering Adam's apple. "Mister Scott, what does my father do for a living?" Her voice was dark now.

"Autopsies corpses." Mister Scott was nervous once more.

"Precisely, and if you don't get out of my sight in the next five seconds, you'll be next, do I make myself clear?"

The boy scrambled off with a girlish yelp.

"Fourth one this week, thas a new record." Undertaker cackled as he appeared in the doorway, he turned to me and smiled wickedly, "Hello, little Earl." He beamed.

Siri swiveled around to face me. "Ciel?"

"Miss Sirius." I don't know why I suddenly chose to be so formal. I mentally cursed myself as her eyes narrowed into a glare.

"I wasn't aware we were on such formalities." She threw me a mock curtsy, "What is the esteemed Lord Phantomhive doing at our little shanty?"

"I didn't mean it like that." I groaned.

"No need to explain yourself, we're just commoner's, we're not up to your level, we mean nothing." She was beyond angry.

"Siri-."

"Don't bother; I'll remove myself from your sight." She turned and swiftly picked up the scalpel she had thrown before and retreated into the funeral parlor.

Undertaker cackled maniacally, "She's rather cross with you."

"Really? I couldn't tell." I grumbled sarcastically.

Was she still mad about what I said years ago? We were kids. It was pretty harsh though. I didn't know, I didn't mean it, I didn't mean to hurt her. 'I'm marrying Lizzie...because nobles marry nobles... it'd be improper to marry below my status...a commoner wouldn't understand.' My own childish voice rang through my head. I'd be mad at me too. I took a step toward the shop.

"Wouldn't advise going in there, without a peace offering, little Lord." Undertaker giggled.

What was he babbling on about? "Siri! You're not still mad about THAT are you, it was 5 years ago!" I called as I stepped closer to the shop.

"If that was your peace offering, you should run." Undertaker cackled.

She reappeared in the doorway, "Why would I be mad?" Her voice was too cold sounding, "I'm just a commoner, what would I know?" She snarled angrily.

"I didn't mean it." I blurted helplessly.

Her emerald eyes softened at this, "What do you want?"

Undertaker stared at his daughter in awe; this was apparently unusual behavior for her. Did I cause her to become this angry? Was it my fault for turning that sweet imaginative girl into this bold, defiant, angry young woman?