Chapter Fifteen

~Sirius' POV~

Morning assembly, was way too early, why couldn't it be an afternoon assembly? As I was most certainly not a morning person, I'd arrived late and had to struggle to find a spot.

"Good morning, Miss Sirius." A suave poetic voice rang from behind me and I sighed reluctantly, it was Edgar Redmond, dorm leader of Red House and P4 member.

"Redmond, it's early. Don't speak." I grumbled sourly as I turned to the pretty boy with long blonde hair tied in a loose ponytail to the side in a vibrant red ribbon.

His bright crimson eyes danced with laughter, "You're as cheerful as ever." He swept a red rose seemingly from thin air and extended it to me, "Need help finding a seat?"

"Ugh! Why are you still talking?!" I grumbled receiving a glare from his fag, Maurice Cole, a very feminine looking boy with short curly blonde hair and very fake perfectly complexioned skin. Though no one else seemed to notice, the boy wore more make up than half the female students.

Redmond chuckled at my fiery attitude and steered me to a row of seats, "Would you gentlemen mind scooting down so Miss Sirius and I have room to sit?" He asked politely with a charming smile leaving the boys in a daze.

"You have that whole feminine manipulation thing down to a science, it's a little frightening." I teased him.

"Jealous?" He winked at me.

I rolled my eyes, "Nah, let me show you how it's really done." I smirked and leaned forward so my face was close to the still dazed boy on the end. Teasingly I trailed my fingers up his scrawny chest and bat my long lashes in his direction while pulling my rose painted lips into a perfect pout. "Is this seat taken?" I asked with a coy smile.

The boy blinked a few times as his entire face flushed crimson, "N-n-not at all, here take m-my seat. Ah, but it's rather uncomfortable, I'll fetch you a pillow!" He scrambled to his feet and raced out of the assembly hall.

"You're so evil." Redmond scolded me with a chuckle and bowed courteously allowing me to take my seat first. He followed suit and sat beside me on the bench, "Did you talk to Greenhill?"

I groaned, "Ugh, I'm going to find a seat elsewhere."

His arm sidled around my shoulders holding me in place as he offered me a smile that would reduce any normal girl to a puddle. "He worries about you."

"I'm becoming very aware of that fact." I grumbled.

"Ah, did you run into Violet yesterday?" He smiled.

"Quite literally." I sighed.

"I hear from Greenhill that you'll be looking into the bullying matter."

"If you knew we talked why did you suggest we talk again?!" I hissed as the Vice Principal stepped on stage.

"Talk more." He shrugged, "Now shh, there's to be no talking during the assembly."

I stared at him with a stone-faced expression at the absurdity of his two statements strung together.

The Vice Principal launched into the morning assembly and I struggled to stay awake. Morning assembly was too early and the Vice Principal was about as exciting as reading scriptures. I shuddered at the thought and attempted to find something entertaining to look at to keep myself awake.