Chapter Twenty Eight

A/N: DO NOT TELL ME IT'S SPELLED "GRELL" IN THE MANGA THAT I PURCHASED IT IS SPELLED GRELLE, DO NOT FIGHT WITH ME ABOUT IT

~ Sirius' POV~

Ronald and the red-haired menace, that Ronald introduced as Grelle, took me to the First-Class Lounge. There was blood and fresh corpses littering the ground some strung over the stairwell railing as if they had been about to jump to flee. Blood smeared across tablecloths and the black and white checkered floor. The corpses appeared to have interrupted the late-night dinner and had themselves a feast of their own. I spotted Rian running for the stairs, he hadn't noticed us. The ship lurched suddenly and I fell against Ronald with a yelp.

Rian fell over the railing and Grelle lunged forward and caught him by the foot. "Ooh, I say, you're quite the catch dear boy." Grelle mused. "So, you're Rian, hm?"

"Wha-?!" Rian gasped as he swung unsteadily upside down, "How do you know my na-?"

Ronald pat me on the head lightly and stepped forward to interrupt, "okay, okay, that's enough small talk. Are we right in assuming you're the fellow who doctored the corpses to make them move?" He leaned over the railing to peer down at the suspended man.

I glanced around as I felt a sudden sense of dread wash over me. Something was wrong. My body began to tremble, something terrible was going to happen. The sense of impending doom loomed over me, weighing me down and nearly felling me to my knees. After tonight, nothing would ever be the same again. Nausea gripped me and I slumped to the floor with a groan as Grelle hoisted Rian back onto our landing.

"Huh?" Ronald spotted me crumpled on the floor, "Hey, what's wrong?" He darted to my side and knelt next to me. His cool hands pressed against my face and he smoothed my hair back. "You don't look so good."

"I have a bad feeling." I managed to murmur softly.

He offered me a small smile and gently eased me into his arms placing one arm beneath my knees and the other supporting my back with his hand gripping my shoulder and giving it a reassuring squeeze. "I'll look after ya."

I didn't have the strength to argue or the will to tell him I didn't need looking after. Not anymore. It didn't matter. I was unwanted. I was unnecessary. I was impure.

"We're taking a quick detour; he says he has a device in his room to stop them." Ronald explained to me as we followed Grelle and Rian to the first-class cabins.

When we reached the first-class room, I noticed the furniture inside was toppled and messy. Someone beat us here and had been rummaging through the room. Grelle looked annoyed. "So-?" He shot a dark look at Rian, "you were saying? Where's this device of yours then?" He tapped his foot impatiently.

Rian paled, "Don't tell me that man made off with it." He groaned.

Grelle sighed and we headed back to the lounge.

My stomach churned unsteadily and I gasped in pain as my body was overcome with a strange prickling sensation as if I were being stabbed with a million hot pokers.

Ronald looked down at me in concern, "Hey. Hang in there, little Shinigami." Grelle and Rian stepped into the lounge and I was suddenly overcome with dread again.

I clung to Ronald desperately and held back a cry of pain as my body was riddled once more with hot poker like piercings. "What's happening?!"