Chapter Thirty Six

A/N: It's not advised to read this while working as it may cause indecipherable squealing and you may receive some weird looks  :P

~ Sirius' POV~

When I woke, it was surprisingly still late morning, the time when the boys had their 'fag time'. I felt remarkably better after a nap and had a feeling Emile was behind it as I woke to find him sitting on the floor next to my bed clasping my hand in his. He'd fallen asleep watching over me while holding my hand. Though he was immortal, I imagined it was tiring being my constant protector when I just kept getting myself into trouble.

"Thanks for watching over me, Emile." I breathed softly as I released his hand and slipped out of bed before draping a blanket over top of him.

I changed into my uniform before exiting the dorm. The rest of the girls typically had some ridiculous 'girl training' at this hour and we were to dedicate our time to girlish things like sewing, cooking, learning how to keep a house and other drab things I wanted no part in. As I stepped out of the girl's dormitory, I thought I spotted Ciel sneaking off in the direction of Violet House. What was he up to?

Careful to stay out of sight, I followed after him silently. He was acting suspiciously as he crept toward Violet House. As I decided to make my presence known and step out of hiding to find out what he was up to, a hand clapped over my mouth from behind. I let out a strangled gasp as another arm wrapped around me pinning my hands at my sides. I was drawn tightly against a lean torso. Despite my best efforts to put up a fight and struggle, I couldn't break free.

"A word please, Miss Sirius." The demon's sinful voice breathed in my ear. "We need to discuss your punishment for skipping my lecture yesterday and your display this morn-oof."

He cut off as I elbowed him hard in the gut. I managed to get one hand free and retrieved the scalpel woven into the bodice of my school corset. It spun lethally in my palm and I swung with a deadly precision at the demon. He caught my hand with ease and knocked me into some nearby bushes, pinning me to the earth completely out of view of any curious onlookers.

I struggled against him, desperately. "Let go!" As I screamed the words, I felt a strange pulsating sensation in my chest. I stared in awe as the demon was suddenly sent flying as if some invisible specter had wrenched him away from me.

"What did you do?" He asked me in awe, his eyes glowing.

My breathing came out in short ragged gasping breaths as terror gripped my heart. An image of Greenhill's gentle smile flashed across my mind and I shut my eyes as the demon lunged for me. The smell of sweat, mildew and way too much aftershave suddenly met my nose making it wrinkle in disgust.

I opened my eyes and let out a gasp as I found myself in a locker room of sorts. It was empty save for one tall, lean muscular boy with golden hair and a towel around his waist. His back was to me as he faced a locker. It looked as if he'd just finished up some kind of sport or training.

"H-herman?"

A panicked yelp escaped him and he desperately clutched at the towel around his waist as he swiveled around to face me. His face flushed scarlet, "S-S-Sirius! What in god's name are you doing here?!" He reached out and grabbed another towel to hold in front of his naked torso. His bright green eyes grew wide as he took a closer look at me. "Sirius? What happened?!" he dropped the second towel and moved toward me forgetting he was mostly naked save for the towel wrapped tightly around his waist. He knelt in front of the bench I'd appeared on and reached up to caress my cheek.