Chapter Four

~Ciel's POV~

I was disgracing the Phantomhive name; I couldn't believe I was actually wearing a dress. Sirius' sharp words rang through my mind. I didn't mean to upset her, again. Why did I always say the wrong thing in her presence? It was almost as if I were subconsciously trying to get her to despise me. Was it so she wouldn't be heart broken when my contract to Sebastian was finally fulfilled and I'd forever leave this world behind?

Sebastian and I were currently trying to avoid running into anyone I knew or who would have the slightest chance of recognizing me at the ball. Unfortunately, luck was not on my side.

"What a cute dress!" A very familiar bubbly voice squealed from across the ballroom causing Sebastian and I to cringe.

"What is she doing here?" I hissed as we hid behind the orchestra to avoid my bubbly blonde fiancé.

But before Lizzie could pursue us further one of the flutists hit a sour note. I looked to the man to find him staring in awe at the grand entryway. Sirius stood beneath an archway of pure white lilies in a dazzling green gown with a silver leaf like embroidery stitched into the bodice. The emerald silk hugged her delicate curves perfectly accentuating her full figure. All eyes were on her and I saw an adorable blush spread across her pallid cheeks as she nervously scanned the crowd. She was absolutely breathtaking standing beneath the white lilies looking the very picture of innocence and vulnerability as she desperately searched the crowd.

Her otherworldly green eyes latched onto me almost instantly and she suddenly clapped her hand over her mouth. Her green eyes brimmed with tears and her shoulders shook as if she were crying silently. I unconsciously took a step forward wanting nothing more than to comfort her when she suddenly burst into a fit of laughter. She clutched her sides and her melodic laughter filled the now silent ballroom.

My face burned hot from the embarrassment and I forced myself to glare at her in an attempt to shut her up, but my pathetic glare only caused her to laugh harder. "She's evil." I muttered under my breath.

Sebastian chuckled, "She certainly knows how to get under your skin."

After a final warning glare from me, Sirius finally composed herself, and the moment she stopped laughing, she was swarmed instantly with suitors. I felt something burn deep within me as I watched the wave of young men surround her. She forced her way through the gathering of love struck fools and flipped her hair dismissively before strutting confidently across the dance floor. All eyes were on her, she was the most stunning girl in the room, all the girls were jealous and all of the men were left wanting.

She made her way to where Sebastian and I were hiding as everyone erupted into conversation and the orchestra resumed their song. She was the conversation topic in every social circle. Her otherworldly green orbs were alight as she joined us.

"I didn't think you would seriously put on a dress." She smirked.

"Shut up! I'm not happy with you at the moment." I glared.

"That makes two of us." She snapped right back, "I came to offer my assistance, but considering you now have your own feminine wiles to throw at the Viscount, I suppose I really am of no use."

"There you are!" Lizzie cried from a few tables away.

"Actually, you do have a use." I smiled as I shoved Sirius in Lizzie's direction, "Stall her." I hissed as Sebastian and I darted away.

A/N: Wow I forgot how short I made the first couple of chapters... what was i doing???