Chapter Thirty

~ Sirius' POV~

Darkness fell as I lay in the garden in a daze. How much of my life was real? Was anything real? What exactly was I? I needed answers, but I was too afraid to face my father.

Strong arms encircled me and I jumped as I felt myself being lifted off the ground. I turned and found myself transfixed by a mysterious pair of rose eyes, Emile.

"You're lost." He noted eerily as he cradled me in his arms.

"It appears you found me."

Emile shook his head, "No. You're still lost. Just where in the world are you, Sirius?" His dark voice sent a shiver down my spine.

"I don't know what you mean." I sighed not even bothering to try and fight him off and walk on my own. Instead, I leaned into his embrace as the cool spring air chilled me.

"Who upset you?" He tactfully avoided explaining himself.

"I'm not ups-." I cut off with a gasp as he turned his face to mine in a flash his face so close to mine I could feel his breath. "Ronald was here."

Emile looked thoughtful for a moment. "I don't think he has any ill intentions."

"You trust him?"

"Not in the least." Emile stated in a monotone.

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously as he walked past the girls' dormitory and continued through the grounds.

"Taking you somewhere you will be happy." His voice sounded strained as he turned and headed towards the prefects' gazebo.

"Emile?" I reached up and gently stroked his cheek hoping that somehow my touch would shake the desolate look in his eyes.

"I want you to be happy." He breathed softly, "You deserve to be happy." His rose-colored eyes were swirling with a slew of unsteady emotions.

"Emile I-."

"There she is!" Redmond's voice startled me and the next thing I knew I was on my feet, Emile had retreated and Redmond, Bluer and Violet were swarming me with looks of concern.

"What happened?"

"We've been looking all over for you for hours!" Redmond scolded me as Violet and Bluer ushered me into the gazebo.

Why had they been looking for me? I shook the prefects off of me and froze as I spotted the gazebo. They'd made a few changes. The usual furniture had been moved out and replaced with a single table adorned with an expensive emerald velvet tablecloth, silver candelabras and two covered silver platters. There were two regal high-backed silver chairs with emerald cushions. Greenhill was slumped in one with his head in his hands, he looked up as I stepped into the gazebo and a look of relief washed over him.

"Are you alright?" I asked worried.

"That's my line." Greenhill chuckled, "You disappeared again." There was a strain in his voice and I realized he was worried I had appeared somewhere I feel safest again and it wasn't with him.

"I didn't." I smiled reassuringly. "I fell asleep in the gardens."

"That's not safe." Bluer interjected.

I threw him a skeptical look, "You saw me carve up some of our fellow classmates and you're worried someone might possibly prey upon me in the school gardens? I'm quite capable of taking care of myself, Bluer."