Chapter Nineteen

~Ciel's POV~

"What is she doing here?" I hissed to myself as I paced my room dreading the banquet Lizzie was sure to drag me to. We had three days until the Aurora Society would have its first meeting on board.

My heart was still beating unsteadily. I hadn't expected to see Sirius, the very sight of her sent my heart a flutter. I didn't like her in the presence of those two. Sebastian said they weren't human, but what were they and why did they flock to her?

"Young Master, Lady Elizabeth requested I invite you to the Captain's Ball tonight." Sebastian bowed upon entering the room but froze as he spotted me pacing. "Is something the matter?"

"What's she doing here?" I groaned as I raked my fingers through my navy tinged raven hair.

"Lady Elizabeth?"

"Sirius!" I snapped.

His burnt crimson eyes were thoughtful. They weren't filled with hatred and loathing as they usually were when the topic of Sirius came up. "You neglected to tell me you broke her heart." He noted.

"What does that have to do with anything?!" I snarled.

"I can forgive her for acting out if that was her reasoning."

I glared. "Is that really the matter of greatest importance?"

Sebastian chuckled.

"Those two that are constantly with her, what are they?" I demanded.

My demon butler paused, "It's a bit hard to explain."

"I've got all night." I sighed.

"Do you know what an Erinyes is, young master?"

"Like the Furies from Greek mythology?" I asked skeptically.

"That is usually what people think of." Sebastian chuckled. "However, that is a false portrayal of them. The Erinyes were angels once, though they became obsessed with death and fell from grace. You can always mark them by their eyes. In human form they will always have rose colored eyes."

"They have another form?" I asked warily.

"Their natural form. They're truly fearsome beings. They have blood red wings, blood stained claws, and glowing crimson eyes."

"Why do they cling to Sirius?"

"She has blood on her hands." Sebastian shrugged as if it were obvious, "Yet no matter how many lives she takes, she remains pure and untainted. It's a complete anomaly."

"Are they a danger to her?"

"Not in the least." Sebastian smiled. "They worship her."

I massaged my temples in annoyance. A thought struck me and I felt my stomach drop.

My skin must have turned paler than usual as Sebastian looked momentarily concerned, "Young Master are you alright?"

"Flowers." I gaped.

"Young Master?"

"Sebastian, I order you to send a dozen bouquets of Lilies to Sirius' suite." I panicked.

"A dozen?" Sebastian looked baffled.

"You're right, that's not nearly enough. Two dozen."

"Young master, are you ill?"

"I owe her flowers!" I snapped.

Sebastian chuckled. "I'll see to it right away, young master."