Chapter Twenty One

~Sirius' POV~

At some point I must have dozed off, for when I woke I found myself trapped in a sinfully twisted embrace between the twins. Emile held me from behind, his slender muscular body molded against me, his long legs entwined with my own. Esme had my arms ensnared in her own and cradled my upper torso against her. I couldn't tell if either of them were asleep or awake, their breathing was soft yet steady.

I opened my eyes after a moment of hesitation and nearly screamed as I came face to face with Esme. Her bright rose-colored eyes were filled with mischief. "Sirius, my love, I was starting to worry."

"Too close." I squeaked.

"We didn't want you to catch a chill." Esme giggled and snuggled closer to me only succeeding in causing me to retreat against Emile.

"There's this crazy invention called a blanket." I remarked coolly.

"But this is much more fun." Esme wiggled her brows at me in an obscene manner.

Miraculously I managed to disentangle myself from the twins and scrambled away from them to get my breathing and heart rate under control. My gaze lingered on Emile's motionless form as he lay abandoned on the bed. His lithe body stretched out lazily across the bedding as his rose-colored eyes sought me out to ensnare me. An involuntary shiver ran down my spine as his eyes tantalizingly traced every inch of my body.

Esme watched me with a smile, "This suits her much better, I think."

"Eh?" I looked down and resisted the urge to scream something profane at her. She'd changed my clothes, again. Instead of the lewd burlesque attire, I was wearing nothing more than a flimsy white silken baby doll gown that fell just bellow my bottom. If possible, I felt even more exposed in the night gown than I had in the other garments. "Stop changing my clothes." I hissed.

"Awh." Esme pouted, "But I always wanted a baby doll." Something in the way she said it scared me. There was something in her tone that truly made me feel as if I were nothing more than her plaything.

"Esme." Emile's toneless voice chimed in. "You're scaring her."

"So, I am." Esme giggled as I took another step away from the bed. "Forgive me, Sirius, my love." She sat up slowly her eyes never leaving me, like a predator stalking its prey. "I know what will make you feel better."

My body moved on autopilot taking another step toward my closet. I'd never think the twins would ever seriously try to harm me or do anything against my wishes, but there was still something unnerving about them that put me on edge.

"Let's go to the Captain's Ball." Esme cheered.

"Esme?" My voice was somewhat unsteady.

"What is it, my love?" She cooed as she finally extracted herself from the bed.

"What happened earlier, with Ciel's butler?" I asked her quietly.

"Nothing to concern yourself with, lovely." She grinned, "I took care of the noxious beast."

I bit my lip, Sebastian was a demon. How could she have 'taken care of' him? "Why do you call him that?"

"Oh? I thought you already knew his true nature." Esme giggled, "You did vow to destroy him and all, that filthy demon."

A gasp caught in my throat. She heard me. "I don't understand."

Esme grinned wickedly and opened her mouth to explain.

"Esme." Emile's voice cracked like a whip and for a brief moment I saw fear flash in her rose-colored eyes at her twin's command. "Enough." His voice was soft and toneless once more.

"To the ball!" Esme recovered quickly and was once more in high spirits bouncing toward the closet to find suitable garments for us to wear.

Emile lifted himself from the bed and I felt my heart begin to pound in my chest as he crossed the room toward me. My heart raced faster with every step he took. He stopped before me and offered me a meek smile. His hand reached upward and I subconsciously flinched.

Frowning slightly, he withdrew his hand, "Sorry." He murmured almost inaudibly before taking a step back, "Please don't be afraid of me." His rose-colored eyes were filled with so much sorrow, heartache and rejection.

My heart hurt as I met his desolate gaze and I felt the urge to embrace him but stood my ground. "I want answers." Surprisingly, my voice came out steady.

"Do you?" Emile pondered with a lazy smile.

Whatever answers I received, I could not easily forget. If I found out the truth, I couldn't go on living in ignorance. Everything could change.