Chapter Nine

~Sirius' POV~

I slept for nearly an entire day. When next I woke the sun was making its descent. Had Ciel spent time worrying about me? Did I scare him by disappearing the way I did? The house was eerily silent. Something felt off, my heart felt heavy somehow, like something bad was about to happen. An image of Ciel flashed across my mind. He was in danger!

I had to save him! Numbing pain ricocheted through my body as I leapt out of bed. I shoved it to the back of my mind and hurriedly threw on a pair of plain black trousers. What did it matter if I looked like a proper lady, I was nothing more than common filth. I threw on a white ruffle top before slipping into a pair of knee high black buckle lined boots.

Father was nowhere to be seen as I exited my room and fled down the stairs. I retrieved a stash of scalpels from his equipment jar and secured them in various places beneath my clothing, in my hair and stashed in my boots. This was war. I had to protect Ciel at all costs. Even if I was a freak, an otherworldly being unworthy of his love and affection, he was all I cared about in this world, and I would not allow him to fall into damnation.

Night had fallen across the filthy city of London, like a blanket of ebony sprinkled with faint starlight and heavy cloud cover. Rain fell from the sky in sheets occasionally dousing a streetlamp as it fell with the help of the wailing wind. I sprinted through the alleys trying to seek him out, trying to pinpoint his aura.

"Ciel, where are you?" I breathed as my wound began to throb.

I heard a strange mechanical roaring sound up ahead followed by the clash of steel.

"I will not Yield this time!" A feminine voice shrieked as I rounded a corner.

I froze in horror as I watched Ciel's aunt charge him with a dagger. My body moved on its own accord as a strange calm washed over me. "CIEL!" I hurled a scalpel at the attacking woman without hesitation. The surgical blade pierced through her hand severing several nerves causing her to lose her grip on the weapon with a cry of pain.

"Sirius!" Ciel stared at me in awe as I darted forward and placed myself in front of him with two more scalpels at the ready.

"Don't you dare touch him, you pathetic wretch." I snarled at the crimson clad woman.

The demon was busy battling a crimson haired man with a strange mechanical device with rotating blades. Good, maybe it would kill him.

"Sirius, what are you doing here?" Ciel demanded as his aunt staggered to her feet and wrenched out the scalpel with a grimace.

She gripped it tightly in her uninjured hand, "Don't interfere little girl." She hissed at me, "This is none of your business."

"On the contrary, when you threaten Ciel, it becomes my business." I smiled maliciously, "You're no longer a threat." I smirked as the woman stumbled back a pace.

"What did you do to me?" She gasped as she dropped the scalpel and cradled her injured hand. The poison was already in her blood stream, already being pumped through her heart pouring through her veins.

"You threatened something very dear to me." I hissed.

The woman fell to her knees, "Grelle." She cried breathlessly, "Help me."

"How pathetic." The red-haired man sneered, "Felled by a mere child."

"Sirius." Ciel breathed unsteadily behind me, "What did you do?"