Chapter Thirteen

~Ciel's POV~

Sebastian and I had been busy trying to find a way to infiltrate the Noah's Ark Circus for the Queen in hopes of putting a case of missing children to rest. Lizzie had come over a few times while I was working wanting to play with my stationary. If it kept her quiet and out of my way, I didn't care, but I had a bad feeling a few days afterward that something terrible had happened. Perhaps I shouldn't have let Lizzie play with my stationary; she was pretty good at imitating handwriting.

We'd been at the circus for a few days now and hadn't stumbled across too much information. I was nervous about the circus being open in London, what if someone was able to recognize me, not that many people I knew would attend the circus, but it could happen.

"Smile!" The overly cheerful ring master chirped my 'name' happily. He was a young man in his early twenties with a halo of bright orange hair and vibrant purple eyes. "Would ye mind runnin' some errands fer me?"

I forced myself to smile politely, "Sure, Joker."

He beamed brightly and prattled off a list of menial tasks before waving me off so he could head to the big top tent for the early afternoon performance. I still had a bad feeling that something was going to happen.

First on the list, find Jumbo. It was beyond me how they managed to lose him all the time, he was by far the tallest man I'd ever seen, hence the name. However, I shrugged it off and began searching the grounds.

"Sirius, my love, I bought a candied apple, won't you help me eat it?" I jumped as I heard her name. Sirius? No way, there was no way she was here.

I quickly hid between two tents and scanned the pathway frantically. What was going on? That had sounded like a girl's voice. A few passersby stopped to stare and I strained to follow their gaze. My heart stopped as I spotted her. She was an absolute vision wearing a long flowing ebony skirt with a white ruffled top and vibrant green waistcoat that accentuated her curves sinfully. Her long silvery white hair hung loosely around her delicate frame in seductress waves. My gaze was glued to her luscious lips painted in rosy red popping out against her alabaster skin. Sirius was an angel and had captured the attention of every other patron.

What was she doing here?! I paused as I spotted her arms linked with two different people. To her left was a tall muscular boy who appeared to be a year older than myself. He had slightly long unruly dark brown hair and emotionless pale rose colored eyes. On her right was a petite girl a little bit taller than Sirius with shoulder length strawberry tinted amber hair and the same rose-colored eyes as the boy. The strange girl held a candied apple on a stick and was currently obscenely trying to get Sirius to take a bite.

"Esme, you're overdoing it." The boy on Sirius' left, sighed in a monotone.

"I knew this was a terrible idea." Sirius grumbled, but stopped dead in her tracks as she drew nearer to my hiding spot. Was it possible she could detect my presence?

My heart was racing and my nerves were making me jittery. For some reason, I felt the need to flee. Her fierce green eyes narrowed into a glare. Why was she so angry?

"Sirius?" The girl with the amber hair nudged the irate beauty lightly, "Are you alright?"

"She's angry." The boy replied emotionlessly.

"I can see that, you idiot." The girl retorted.

"I'll be right back." Sirius grumbled and shoved from their hold.