13. Bilbo X Reader

Bilbo X Reader

Summary : Lisa has a nightmare and Bilbo comforts her!

Words : 855 (short).

A/N : Requested by i_am_lisa12! 😊❤️

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Narrator's POV

Nightmares... Those frightening, unpleasant dreams that seem to be so real although they are not (fortunately).

Lisa, Bilbo's wife, was currently having one. She doesn't usually have this kind of dreams, but she is used to get scared, because she watches a lot of horror movies.

However, this dream was way too much for her to handle... It was about Bilbo, who was dying.

Bilbo and Lisa haven't been married for so long, but they've known each other since childhood. Bilbo was probably the most important person in her life and she couldn't imagine living without him.

Gasping, she opened her eyes and jumped, almost falling off the bed. It took her a few seconds to realize that she has had a nightmare.

Looking around, she sighed in relief when she saw her husband sleeping peacefully beside her. She was shaking uncontrollably and she was breathing heavily because of that nightmare.

She wished she could hug the life out of Bilbo, but she knew how much he's been working lately, so the girl decided to let him rest.

Getting off the bed, she went to the bathroom to wash her face, and then walked to the living room, throwing herself on the couch.

She sighed deeply, placing her head between her hands. Why would she dream about something so horrible? What if that was a warning and that's actually going to happen to Bilbo?

"No... This will never happen... I won't... I can't let this happen... I..." she mumbled.

"Honey, are you ok?" she suddenly heard.

Looking up, the girl smiled sadly when she saw a sleepy, concerned Bilbo staring at her.
"Bilbo, my love... Why are you awake?"

"It's hard to sleep without you by my side. Now tell me... What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, love! Don't worry!" the girl forced a smile.

"Oh, come on, beautiful! Stop lying to me!"

He sat next to her on the couch, taking one of her hands into his. "You never wake up in the middle of the night! Something must be troubling you... Am I right?"

Lisa sighed and looked down, at the floor. "You're right... I... I had a nightmare..."

Bilbo looked at her sadly and kissed her hand. "Come here, my dear!" He opened his arms and the girl cuddled close to him, leaning her head over his chest and listening to his heartbeat, while his arms were wrapped protectively around her body.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Bilbo asked quietly.

"I just... I didn't want to bother you with my childish problems! You have worked a lot lately and you needed to rest..."

Bilbo kissed the top of her head and started playing with her hair. "Lisa, sweetheart, you know you can always come to me, no matter what problems you have, if I'm busy or sleeping... Your problems are not childish! I know how terrible nightmares can get sometimes, and I want you to know that I will always be there for you to help you... But I won't be able to do that if you don't talk to me. "

"You're right... I'm sorry, my love!"

The hobbit smiled softly and hugged her tightly. "Don't be sorry, sunshine! I totally understand you! By the way, do you want to talk about that dream?"

Lisa broke the hug and looked at him with teary eyes. "You were dying..." she croaked.

Bilbo raised his eyebrows and blinked. "Pardon me?"

"In my dream... You were dying... And I... I couldn't do anything to save you! I tried to, but I couldn't... I was holding your injured body close while you were giving your last breath... You told me you loved me and then... Then..." Before she could have finished, she shook her head in horror and started to cry.

Bilbo sighed and brought her close to him again."Lisa my love... Look at me! "

Lisa gulped and looked into his eyes, weakly. The hobbit wiped her tears and then pecked her lips, taking her head between his hands. "I'm never going to leave you, ok? I'm not going anywhere, my darling!"

The girl nodded and sniffed, nuzzling her head close to his chest and wrapping her hands around his waist.

Bilbo kissed her head once again and started moving his hand up and down her back, holding her until she stopped crying.

"Thank you for always being here for me, love! I don't know what I'd do without you!" Lisa said softly.

The hobbit smiled and kissed her nose, making her giggle. "I love you, my sweet!"

"I love you too!" she said back, sighing in relief.

The End!

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️