31. Pippin - Request

Pippin - Request

Summary : Pippin has a nightmare, in which his girlfriend, Lucy, is getting killed right in front of him, so he wakes up and starts to search for her around the house. When she eventually appears, the hobbit finds out that his beloved was out of bed because she couldn't fall asleep, so he takes her back to their shared room and sings her to sleep.

Words : 1373.

A/N : Requested by the lovely UrgoZilla! You said that you would like an imagine where Pippin would have a nightmare or he would sing to the reader, so I tried including everything here. I know it is not a long one, but I hope you don't mind! Also, thank you for requesting once again! It means the world to me and please, never think that you are putting work on me, because I love writing, especially to such amazing people. Anyway, I hope you like it! ❤️

◀️ ▪️ ▶️ ▪️ ◀️ ▪️ ▶️ ▪️ ◀️ ▪️ ▶️ ▪️ ◀️ ▪️ ▶️ ▪️ ◀️ ▪️ ▶️ ▪️ ◀️ ▪️ ▶️

Pippin's POV

I was wondering around the forest, not knowing where I was going. The wind was powerfully blowing, spreading the leaves all around the place and making my hair move into the blow's direction.

It was very dark, but the light that was coming from the moon was enough for me to see what was happening around me. Where were the others? How have I gotten there? Those questions kept flooding through my mind as I kept walking, although I knew I was lost and there was no way I could get out of there.

"PIPPIN!" I suddenly heard someone calling my name, so I immediately stopped in my tracks, my breath hitching in the back of my throat. That voice sounded familiar... too familiar. "HELP ME!" I heard once again and my heart almost stopped when I realized that I was right. My girlfriend was somewhere out there, in danger, and she needed my help.

"LUCY!" I yelled, spinning around and trying to find out where she was. "Where are you?" I asked, my heart beating out of chest. To say that I was confused was an understatement. I didn't remember deciding to go to the woods, and especially not here, since I have never been in this forest before.

"She's right here!" I heard a low, deep voice from behind me. I gulped, turning around slowly, but I immediately regretted it. In front of me was standing a tall man, whose face was covered, one of his arms wrapped around my girlfriend's neck, while the other one was holding a knife, pointing it at her throat.

"Lucy..." I whispered in disbelief, looking into my girlfriend's horrified eyes. "P-please, let her go... I don't know who you are or what you want, but please, let go of her!" I pleaded, glancing at the man. He laughed, tightening his grip on Lucy.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, but that is never going to happen!" he growled.

"Who are you?" I asked in frustration.

"It doesn't matter who I am... I promised that one day you would pay for the horrible things your father have done to me and my family, so here is my revenge." he replied. I opened my mouth to speak, but, before I could have done so, he moved his hand, stabbing my girlfriend, making me gasp and widen my eyes.

Lucy gasped as well, tears falling down her cheeks like a river as she looked down at the knife that has pierced her chest. Glancing back at me, she sniffed, while all I did was watching, since I was too shocked to do anything. "Goodbye, Pippin... R-Remember me!" she croaked, just before the man took the knife out of her chest, letting her fall dead on the ground. "I guess I will see you around..." The man grinned, just before disappearing.

"NO!" I exclaimed, rushing at my girlfriend's side. "Lucy, my love..." I sobbed, pressing my hands over her wound, in attempt to stop the bleeding. "Please, don't leave me! Lucy, open your eyes, please!" I pleaded, but she wouldn't even budge.

"Lucy!"

"Lucy!"

"LUCY!" I jolted awake, falling off the bed and hitting my head once I touched the floor. I winced in pain, getting up and looking around me. As soon as I realized that I was in my bedroom, I sighed in relief, happy that it was just a nightmare.

But wait... It was just a nightmare, right? So why wasn't Lucy with me right now?

Without thinking twice, I rushed out of the bedroom, hurrying down the stairs. "Lucy? Where are you, my love?" I asked as I searched around the house in panic.

"Pip?" I heard, so I turned around in one swift motion, only to see my beautiful, lovely, gorgeous girlfriend. "What happened? You look frighten-" she added, but I cut her off, by running into her direction and kissing her, before hugging her tighter that ever.

"Oh, thank God, you're alright... I thought I've lost you!" I croaked, kissing the top of her head and holding her as close as possible, as tears started forming in the corner of my eyes, from all the panic and fear.

"Wait... What's wrong? Did you have another nightmare?" she asked, pulling away, so she could look at me.

"Y-yes! A... A horrible one... I was in a forest and... I... I had to... I had to watch you d-dying... I tried making you open your eyes but... You were dead! It was the worst dream I've ever had!" I replied, my voice cracking, while I tried my best to hold back the tears, but didn't succeed.

"Oh, my love..." she whispered softly, wrapping her arms around my waist and placing a kiss on my lips. "That is never going to happen, ok? I promise!" she spoke quietly, making me smile a little bit. "I'll always be here for you no matter what! I'm not going anywhere!" she reassured, wiping my tears gently with the pad of her thumb, before kissing my cheek and hugging me.

We stood like that, into each other's arms for a while, without moving at all. I don't think I could ever explain how happy and relieved I was to see that the love of my life was safe and unharmed. If anything wrong was to happen to her, I don't know what I would do with myself. I cared about her and loved her more than anything, so losing her would completely destroy my life.

And still, why did that dream seem so real? What was the man talking about? Has my father done anything wrong to anyone? What if it was actually true and my girlfriend was in danger?

I shook my head, deciding that it could never happen, and tightened my grip, while kissing her head. "Why were you not in bed?" I questioned quietly, after I have finally calmed down. She sighed, smiling weakly.

"Well... I couldn't sleep, so I decided to drink some milk, because I thought it would help... I am feeling completely exhausted, but...I just... I can't fall asleep... " she answered, blinking slowly. It was obvious that she needed to rest, so I was going to help her.

"Come on!" I whispered, grabbing her hand and leading her to our bedroom. She didn't complain, just followed me into our shared room. "Lay down, my dear!" I said, and she obeyed once again.

As soon as she was laying in bed, I joined her, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her as close to me as possible. "Do you want me to sing for you?" I proposed, earning a nod from her, so I smiled, before starting to sing her favorite song quietly.

When I was done, I carefully looked at her, only to notice that she was fast asleep. I smiled, kissing her forehead, before laying my head on the pillow, closing my eyes and falling asleep as well within a minute.

The End!

◀️ ▪️ ▶️ ▪️ ◀️ ▪️ ▶️ ▪️ ◀️ ▪️ ▶️ ▪️ ◀️ ▪️ ▶️ ▪️ ◀️ ▪️ ▶️ ▪️ ◀️ ▪️ ▶️