δύο

Enervate
adjective/ˈɛnəveɪt/
Lacking physical, mental, moral vigour
Or to reduce in strength or vigour.

⋅•⋅∘☽༓☾∘⋅•⋅

Taeyong was shocked.
Flabbergasted.
Whatever the word was, ultimately he felt surprised.

The round boy became a skinny ordinary boy it seemed.
His chubby cheeks hollowed out, although not completely. He still had his cheeks. It seemed so strange that his pyjamas were hanging on his frame instead of being stretched especially around his waist.
His collar became so abnormally large that his collarbones had peeked out. Renjun's pyjama pants were dragging on the floor.
He was hugging tightly onto his Moomin that had become much bigger in comparison. It was the first time the youngest boy looked adorably tinier than his soft toy.
Which was given by he himself, Lee Taeyong when Renjun was just 5.

Taeyong grabbed the boy and pulled him into a smothering hug.

"Taeyong-hyungggggg, I cant breathe-," the small boy tried to pry his teacher off in a nice manner.

With a big kiss to the small boy, Taeyong's warmth departed away, leaving the small boy a little snugness.

His hand didn't leave his. It wasn't demanding, neither was it angry.
It was loving in every swing, comforting and motherly even.

"How are you injunnie? Oh and by the way, your homework is with me," Taeyong lets go off Renjun's hand to grab the younger's homework.

Renjun nods to both. He wasn't particularly worried about not being able to catch up with his work. He was always ahead of the class. He was very much a smart alec who even had a thing for the arts. A natural at almost everything academically speaking. He wasn't the top of the class but definitely of a respectable position, but he never told Jaemin about being the top few in class because Jaemin was always rock-bottom unless it was PE then it was reversed.

Renjun was the slowest, not going to lie but it was bearable because Jaemin was there to keep him going even when he just wanted to drop dead on the basketball court.

"Hwaiting injunnieee~ Just a little more, YAYYYY," 1st Grade Jaemin would cheer together with their team of four, him, Nana, Seungmin and Jongho.

Those were the days where everyone was a friend, where no one cared if you were fat or skinny, tall or short because it never quite mattered. The only thing that mattered was the amount of fun one had with a friend. That the ice cream in your hand didn't get onto your hand when you were eating it or how many ice cream flavours one could try from their friends' cone after school.

"Injun, you spaced out for quite awhile. Are you okay?"

The child nods, replying to the older one with a minuscule smile.

"Nothing Taeyong Hyung. Just lost in my thought," the youngest spoke, almost a whisper.

Taeyong frowned. This isn't like the jolly ball of sunshine that he knows of. Sure thing Renjun tended to be quieter in a large scale classroom setting and always got lost in dreamland in class despite being able to answer whatever question was thrown at him, but Renjun just had this solmeness about him that the older one couldn't describe. He just couldn't quite put a finger.

He brushed it off for that moment.

"I'm going to cook Jeonbokjuk, okay? Kun Hyung asks for me, tell him I'm in the kitchen. It's been a while since I've cooked for you all-"

" Hyung, I probably can't eat that, so cook just enough for you and Kun Hyung but I can help,"

Taeyong smiles warmly and places a hand on the younger's shoulder, leading him into the kitchen to get him to help out with the dish and possibly fish out some answers as to what pushed Renjun into this state.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"So has Jaemin visited you yet?"

Renjun closed the tap.

The water stopped running.

Eyes wide.

A shiver down his spine.

Renjun laughs it off

"Nah, he hasn't and he probably won't bother," the last part said a little quieter.

Taeyong sharply turns his head towards Renjun, prompting the younger to give a little background story.

" He said he would come this week but his mother wanted him home early to help out in the house more,"  he lied for his best friend or rather ex-best friend.

Taeyong is quite sure that it is most likely fake, with a hint of doubt. With a 99% certainty that he saw Jaemin bullying Renjun the other day at school before the small plump boy turned skinny. Nothing escapes the eyes of this teacher. He was surely certain that it had to do something with that. Especially the part when Jaemin said no one wanted to be his friend because he was fat. Because he was there when it happened but he could only stay there for a little while since he was rushing off to class at another block.

Taeyong nodded. He didn't want to venture too far and dwelve into Renjun's secrets. It would be invading his privacy but for now, he just wanted to make sure this doesn't get out of hand.

"So, Hyung any updates on school?"Renjun changes topic easily.

"Nothing much, it's just mainly revision. You should rest, you've helped a lot already," Taeyong looks from the pot then back at Renjun.

His eyes were full of concern and storge. He really just wanted to help Renjun.

But he didn't need any, right?

Renjun smiles back at Taeyong.

" Hyung, if you need any help, I'll be in my room doing homework," the boy says as he turns around, leaving the kitchen equipments behind and walking out of the kitchen.

Suddenly, energy left him. He just couldn't move at all.

Renjun just stood there. His vision blurred. Air knocked out of his lungs. His steps were that of a drunken sailor on a boat that was sailing through the storms.

And he dropped down, on the floor like a rag doll. And before he knew it, darkness hit him like a fire truck. ( whoop whoop whoop whoop whoOp)