δεκαοκτώ

neoterism
\noun\ nēˈätəˌrizəm\
Originally: modernity, novelty, innovation

**✿❀○❀✿**

Renjun was done for.

He was vacuumed into the world of culinary, away from the previous two worlds. One of the golden sun rays with the sweetly bitter smell of tangerines infused with the strong smell of chamomile tea. The other was the world of luxurious wearables he had only seen through the power of the internet, haute couture right in those very wardrobes.

This new dimension used all of his senses.

The delicate smell of smoked salmon clashed with the muddy scent of roasted potatoes and sour cream. He could see the warm lights that hung from above and fellow NCT scholars engaging in food critic about how using kosher salt would be better instead of using pink Himalayan salt. The older scholars had wine glasses in their hands with a wide assortment of cheese in front of them, as they discussed the best cheese they could pair with the full-bodied red wine they were sipping on. The sound of french butter sizzling on the pan as well as the sweet aromatic scent that came along with it could make Renjun collapse on the ground at how such a beautiful scent and sound could co-exist together. To make things better, the addition of rosemary marinating in butter with the hiss of fatty pork against the savoury scent.

The sun was beginning to set.

Streaks of deep magenta and bright crimsons mixed on the palette of a sky as a red-yellow blob of paint resides on the centre of the palette. White dashes of poster paint float about, seemingly unwashable. Messy green mixes of varying shades of paint collect at the bottom of the palette.

The sun's sparkly rays shone into the dining room through the glass panels that seemed to be a familiar sight throughout the house.

Renjun was in love with the open concept of the mansion. He wants himself to be consumed by the picturesque view of where he was instead of his stomach growling at him.

The two other Korean boys beside him stared at a different view they both enjoyed secretly. The sight of their favourite Chinese friend admiring the sunset like a three-year-old to a bubble. It was as if he had cast a spell on them, wrapping them around his slim fingers.

The windows whitened to an opaque screen in a split second, making the trio jump in fright.

"Boys, we can admire the scenery later. Now let's choose our food, shall we?" Johnny Hyung told them in a familiar tone he always used in school.

Haechan on the other hand had already started looking at the menu and stealing food from the neighbouring tables.

The menu was a sort of a mess for Renjun.

No, it wasn't a physical copy. It was a projected one, controlled by a small metallic ball on the right or through hand gestures which made everything look so technologically advanced.

Renjun slowly got the hang of it, with the help of his sunshine of a friend.

"Junnie, how do you do that?"

Jeno tilts his head away from the holographic, looking at Renjun with his adorable puppy eyes.

"I'm right beside you,"