είκοσι ένα

miasma
noun/mee-as-ma/
an unpleasant atmosphere

**✿❀○❀✿**

"His vitals are alright, maybe he fainted cause it's been a long day for him. Usually this happens on the second day of orientation, so I'm not surprised that- You know, fainted," Yuta hangs his stethoscope around his neck.

Kun glances a worried look at his younger brother, lying on the bed like a misplaced doll.

"Make sure he rests and gets a cup of hot chocolate before bed if he wakes up soon, and a heavy breakfast tomorrow. I'll help to tell the kitchen staff," Nakomoto continues, waving his hand in some cool gestured way. (when in reality he was actually swatting a fly that was coming for him)

Kun thanks his hyung as Yuta makes his exit to go off for his shift at the hospital. (he's a busy man and yet he's underpaid)

Taeyong places an arm around Kun, without a word. But it was still comforting even in the quietude of Kun's bedroom.

Soft unsure knocks come from the door as Taeyong fetches to get the door.

Three children dressed in their pyjamas snaked into the room to see their friend (ahem crush for one maybe two of them). Each head above the next like the cover of a boarding school fiction book.

"Hyung, may we come in?" Jeno is the first to break the silence.

Kun nods, allowing the bunch of youngsters to enter.

They scurry around Renjun, trying to figure out some sort of a diagnosis for his unusually pale complexion. To no avail, they looked back at Taeyong for some sort of an explanation. The two boys sighed in relief upon knowing it was just a little stress, while one boy knew. He knew jolly well that, that it wasn't just that.

It was something more sick than what they said. It wasn't just some 'stress' and neglect for a few hours, it was accumulated for months. Not any kind of simple sadness but one that was far too complex for a simple adult to understand.

Haechan lets his fingers entwine round Renjun's cold ones.

He had a meaningless hope for Renjun to just return back to the days of normal.

Jeno is the next one to hold his hand. His hands are slightly calloused from the sports that he does but are warm and gentle at first touch.

He reaches down to Renjun forehead in an anticipating kiss. But it doesn't happen.

The smaller boy wakes up, abrupt and sudden.

The room is dark.

But it isn't his room. Well, it is now.The room is way too posh to be his own. The off-white walls radiate the moonshine enough to let him see what's around him. And his bed stands alone.

He takes a breath in as the bittersweet scent of tangerines fill his lungs. He sits up, stares outside his windows, which expand from both ends of the room, giving a whole view of the city below as well as the other part of the tangerine garden.

The stars on top are bright. Yet why do they feel so mockingly bright?

They cling onto the midnight blue canvas with lilac clouds sprinkled artistically like abstract art.

The chill midnight summer breeze licks his face like an impatient puppy.

And he wonders how his brain manages to think of such a vivid dream of being kissed by Jeno.

His heart sinks, knowing that none of it is true.

He never got kissed by Jeno.

He never fainted after the meeting.