δώδεκα

kadota
Finnish
/verb/ˈkɑdotɑ'/
to disappear, vanish; to be lost, go missing.

**✿❀○❀✿**

The main door of the apartment swings opens and Haechan reaches back to Renjun's house first.

It has been a while since he managed to give his prefect shift over to his other fellow prefect, Yangyang, whom he is ever so grateful for.

Somehow he always gets a heavier role which usually makes him stay back in school.

But now he really just wants to spend more time with Renjun.

In school, he turns a blind eye on whatever his group does to Renjun and when he is with Renjun, he acts as if he doesn't see the scars that his friends have caused.

Renjun doesn't even mention them. Instead, he just smiles. He acts as if everything is normal. Haechan doesn't quite understand but he knows that it's not supposed to be that way.

Guilt grows in his heart, slowly creeping up and it wraps around his throat.

He's such a hypocrite.

Who would let their friend suffer in the hands of their best friends? Not even Satan would dare let his fallen angels suffer that much.

Renjun doesn't shout at him for being such a failure of a friend. He doesn't hate him for not standing up against him.

Renjun should hate him. Yell at him. Kick him. But no, he doesn't. Instead, he tells Haechan not to worry. He tells him that he's fine. That Hyung will handle it himself.

Haechan wants to help.

He couldn't stand seeing his friend coming home looking like his soul had left him. And every time, looking smaller than he already was.

And the only way Renjun lets him help is by training him to run.

It's strange.

Renjun's faster than him but he still wants to be trained.

It's not as if Renjun runs like a sloppy mess, but he says his form is terribly off.

And for once, Haechan can help his friend.

And after doing homework together, they run in the park. Haechan helps him be better. He tries his very best to help Renjun improve. And even in the rain, Renjun insists that it's fine to train under the rain.

Even though Renjun's tired or he is tired and worn out from school, they still make it a point to cheer each other on as they practise.

Haechan cracks jokes here and there to lighten the mood. While Renjun slaps him on the shoulder.

And Haechan could see the improvements and the persistence of Renjun. He was happy for his friend but sort of worried for his friend.

The increasingly frequent bouts of fainting spells after sprints and getting up a little too quickly become a source of anxiety for Haechan.