Precious Memories

KANO'S POV

A while had passed since Raiden came to the castle. Raiden was a little distrustful around his father but there was something good that came out of it, Raiden had his questions answered after being reunited with his Father. Aside from all of his family issues, he's also been helping me out with my training so that I'm prepared for Koga's dark powers.

After a long day's training, I flopped onto the couch exhausted and Kino was sitting across from me playing on his phone. He looked at me and he said to me.

"*Chuckles* did Ronin and Raiden go overboard?"

"Shut up...I can see why Bakenekos are famous for the inhuman strength, I get the idea that those two are trying to help me and all but all of the dodging and attacking is draining my energy, I don't know how much more of it I can take."

Kino smiled at me and he then said to me.

"What you need is a distraction."

"Are you saying that we should sneak out of here?"

"Something like that and I know you're worried but, Ronin's barrier protects not only the castle but also his people as well."

Kino said as he looked out of the window that shows the view of the castle town. I sat up and I then said to him.

"Well, I suppose you're right."

Kino smirked at me and he then got my jacket and he gave it to me. I put it on and then Kino held me close to him and then he teleported to castle town. I looked around and I was a little worried about Koga showing up.

"Don't worry, Koga won't be able to sense your presence because of this barrier, Koga and Sora will have some trouble searching for you."

Kino offered his hand to me and I gladly took it. Kino and I were walking around town and we went into some of the shops. Kino got some Konpeito and when we were at the ice cream stand, Kino bought me a double scoop of chocolate cream. We were at the park where we could get some peace and then Kino spoke up.

"When I was young Katsumi would bring me to the lake as a reward for putting some effort into my work, sure she was a human but I didn't care, she was the perfect sister for me."

"You did mention that you had a tiny bit of a crush on her even though she's supposed to be the sister in the Sakamaki family."

"*Chuckles* yeah, the only time when she came to the demon world was when she was dealing with some issues in the demon world."

"In other words, vampire hunting duties or something?"

Kino nodded his head and then he got something from his pocket. I looked at it and it was a bookmark seal that has a four leaf clover inside of it.

"Katusmi made me this, she was out in the filed one day when she was on a job and then she found this poking out of the flower bed and she made this bookmark for me, it's the only thing that I have left of her."

I was surprised when Kino said this and then I said to him.

"I understand what you mean, this tooth is the only thing of my Ancestor and this pendant is also the only thing that I have left of Okaa-san."

"I know, you seemed to love your Mother a lot."

"I did, we were best friends, she used to call me her beautiful treasure."

"Seriously? what kind of nickname is that?"

"It's only because I meant so much to her when she was still alive just like how she means so much to me as well."

Kino was surprised when he heard me say this. Kino then asked me.

"What about now? does she still mean to you even though she's no longer living in this world?"

"She does, before she passed away she did tell me something."

I looked up at the night sky and the stars were bright and beautiful tonight.

"Okaa-san told me, once she passed away from the world of the living she told me that she's going to become one of the stars and she said that she'll continue to watch over me, sometimes, when I feel sad or alone I look at the stars and when I see the brightest one in the night sky, I think that's Okaa-san watching over me."

Kino was surprised when I told him this and he then asked me.

"You really believe that?"

"When you lose someone who is near and very dear to you, there are moments that you don't want to admit that they're not truly gone from this world, for example, Okaa-san was an Idol just like me and she was the brightest star in my eyes when I was young, she had the most beautiful singing voice I've ever heard and I won't ever forget about the moments we shared together before she passed away."

I said as I held onto my necklace. Kino placed his hand on my shoulder and he then asked me.

"Katsumi is no longer alive either, she meant so much to me and my brothers, how are we supposed to believe that she's watching over us?"

I smiled at Kino and I said to him.

"I know Katsumi is no longer alive and I understand how much she meant to you and the others who were closed to her, but let me tell you this..."

I pointed at Kino's heart and I said to him.

"Katsumi will always be with you right here, as long as you remember those good times that you spent with her."

Kino looked at me surprised and he smiled at me.

"Thanks, Kano, you know, for an Idol you really are the type to be understanding and giving advice."

"That's because Okaa-san is always telling me to be nice to my fans and if my friends are in a bit of trouble always be prepared to give them good advice."

Kino chuckled and he patted my head.

"Now I know why my brothers and the other vampire brothers like you so much."

I blushed a little when he said this and then Kino stood up.

"Anyway, we better get back to the castle, I get the feeling your 'boyfriend' will be worried about you."

"For the last time! Raiden is not my boyfriend!"

I yelled and then Kino laughed at me and I then chased after him as my ears and twin tails appeared.

TO BE CONTINUED...