1. Third Wheeling

New York

Natalie's POV

"Goddamn it, Nat!" I heard someone yell at me as they banged the table on which we were having our lunch at. The table vibrated as the chips and chicken nuggets danced a little. I, of course knew who this someone was.

"Do not scream at me!" I yelled back at Steve with the same intensity in my voice as he had.

He visibly sighed and rolled his eyes as he leaned back on the chair, while Charlotte and I stared at him, immediately keeping the phones away.

"What satisfaction do you get by checking someone's profile?" he asked as he furrowed his brows.

Charlotte and I looked at each other and grinned. She was my better half and we did almost all things together. She was like my sister. We had been best friends since sixth grade and never parted even once. I didn't deny having fights, though, mostly, because of this moronic personality sitting in front of me, Steve.

"You know what, honey, we get to stalk some handsome guys out there!" Char whispered as she leaned closer to Steve, tucking her golden locks behind her ear and winked.

That resulted into me chuckling wholeheartedly while Steve contorting his face.

"Char, did you even see that picture of Marc? He fucking got a girlfriend, I don't even know how!" I provided Char with the latest update.

"Oh my God! That nerd? He's so weird, you know. I haven't seen him anytime speaking to any girl and now he has a girlfriend? Show, show me the picture!" Char and I continued our usual gossip while Steve, who was getting perverse as usual, was checking the latest score of some soccer match. Soccer and Steve were soul mates, trust me.

The table on which we were sitting was in the very middle of the whole cafeteria. The Queen and her bitches were sitting at the front so that they couldattract everyone's attention towards them and make an easy way for the jocks to gape at them. Well, they didn't mess with us anytime. Maybe, because they knew we would show them where they actually lied.

"Are you done? We need to get to our classes in the next few minutes," Steve asked as he knocked the table.

"Yeah. And Steve, did you see the picture that Nat uploaded yesterday?" Char asked with a little serious look. Shit! She was not going to tell him, was she?

"Char, don't!" I whispered and glared at her, tucking at her dark blue shirt under the desk. Please don't!

She royally ignored me and my glare as she continued looking at Steve who had his ears suddenly perked up.

"No, I didn't. What happened? Why do you sound so serious?" Steve asked as he changed his posture from slumping one to leaning towards the table with his hands joined together and resting on it.

"Andrew. You know how he is. That day he smacked Nat's butts a--"

"Of course, that motherfucker! What did he do now?" His eyes possessed sincere anger.

"He had commented something vulgar and offensive and then his whole group started a conversation string on it," Char and I stared dubiously at Steve contemplating his next reaction as well as action.

I kept on chewing my lips as my hands oozed out sweat. I had always gotten afraid when Steve would be burning with rage. And when it was about Char and I, he would shred everyone to pieces. He was too protective, rather say, overprotective. He abruptly stood up and mumbled something incoherent which sounded like some sparking expletives for Andrew.

Char stopped him as she grabbed his wrist. "Don't stop me, Char. I need to fucking drag him down to his place."

"Steve, please, I really --"