8. Mistaken Texts

Seeing Steve laugh like a madman, Char also felt the urge to laugh. She lowered her hands as the trays rested on the white, plush table.

"Steve, what's wrong? You are scaring me," Char said as she took the seat between Steve and I.

I was upset because Steve didn't tell me Ashton's full name. I so badly wanted to stalk him. And trust me, social media gives away way too lot information.

Last year, there was this teacher of mine who was damn beautiful and young, very bubbly and seemed too smart. That obviously made me want to know more about her.

I had gone through her Facebook profile after numerous searches. I got to know that she was married, married just two years ago, her husband was a great lawyer, her birthday was on November 30, her brother was a successful marketer, and her sister-in-law stayed in London whom she and her husband had visited last year. So much, just from a mere Facebook profile!

Social Media is a human Wikipedia, storing all the information of the social butterflies fluttering all around the world.

In the hopes of finding Ashton's profile, I was still working my fingers on my phone screen. But, there were hundreds of Ashtons! I didn't find his profile anywhere.

Fuck my fate!

I had almost given up my hopes and started looking at the random updates on Instagram, where they show you the uploads done by the people near you or on the basis of the accounts related to the photos you've liked. This section always showed something interesting about the people I didn't follow but stalk.

And as I scrolled and scrolled down, I just noticed something. Someone had posted a picture of yesterday's soccer match, especially focussing on Steve.

And the caption read, Man! What a player! He's playing soccer like crazy. I'm already a fan. Guess what? I might need to learn soccer from him.

And then I saw the username - kingsleyonride.

The caption really struck something in my mind. It rang a bell, although it seemed distant. I remembered the way that repulsing-man was talking to Steve, with so much admiration, like he would congratulate his brother, if any, right from the bottom of his heart. And so, I proceeded further on clicking on the username.

And holy fuck!

It was him. It was that repulsing guy!

Oh, goodness!

Kiss my fate!

I didn't realise that I had my eyes wide looking like chicken eggs and my jaw dropped to the ground until Char shook me.

"What happened? It seems Zac proposed Nat!" Char and Steve laughed hard.

When they failed to pull out any reaction out of me, Char peeped in my phone.

"Oh, crap! He's Ashton! How did you find his account?" Her voice was filled with surprise and a little bit of annoyance.

When I glanced towards Steve, he looked confused, like we were talking in some Hebrew language. He had his brows knitted and lips a little parted as he expected some explanation.

"I found Ashton Out of My League's account!" I sang as if it was a victory of some kind. I wouldn't be this happy even if I would get freaking fifty on fifty in History.

"Ah, okay!" he deadpanned.

"And yeah, you don't need to be so disinterested 'cos he has generously posted your picture with a great caption. Appreciate it," I reprimanded.