15. Silverwaters

Look what I found! They look so cute together, OMG!!

***

Natalie's POV

It had hardly been five minutes since we reached here and I hadn't been more relieved than I was feeling at the moment. The view before my eyes was surreal, too beautiful to believe my eyes. There was no question on the name of this place. The waves lapping the shore were indeed silver. It looked like the night sky had landed on the Earth - diamonds on black velvet. The trees enclosing the place continuously passed on the zephyr to soothe our bodies. It was pleasant, and mind-calming.

We were sitting on the wooden bench that was just in front of the whole view, although it was not steady. A small piece of one of its legs was broken, and everytime any of us moved, it would move the another, too. I wondered why people didn't go here anytime. Probably because it was inside and finding its way was not an easy task. Ashton seemed to know this place well and I didn't hold myself back to ask him how.

“Oh, I had just come here in the morning. There was this biking race near this place after which I explored some other places. This was one of them,” he provided.

“So, did you win?” I asked. He didn't understand what I was talking about for a couple of seconds. He nodded his head in modesty and removed his wallet from his back pocket. I hadn't noticed the nerves bulging from his arms until now. Oh, they were so sexy!

They complimented his skin so perfectly. Blue green on pale white. He drew out a piece of paper, a check from his wallet. It was the amount that he had won in today's race. I proudly congratulated him, and I thought I saw him blushing lightly.

For the whole drive to the place, Ashton looked kind of upset, disappointed. Something familiar to fear kept flashing in his eyes for every other second. In fact, I asked him about it but he was too engrossed in his own mind to acknowledge my words. Or probably, he ignored.

“So...why here?” I asked him out of the blue.

“Umm, I thought it would make you feel good after what happened and you know,” he paused for a while as he avoided eye contact and said, “I thought we could talk.”

Oh, sweet Lord!

No one said anything for some time, uncomfortably smiling in each other’s presence. His wallet was open and resting on the space between us. There was a photograph which looked old, although I wasn't able to see it clearly in the dim light lit above us. There was a beautiful woman with long raven hair who was holding this little girl on her waist and a small kid held her other hand.

“Hey, is this your mom? She's beautiful!” I said as I positioned myself in a way that I was facing his muscled arms square. He was taken aback and I thought I saw a hint of restlessness and insecurity in his eyes. He realised that I saw his wallet open on his side.

He became eerily quiet and I feared his silence. He slowly lifted his wallet, removed the picture and stared at it for a while, smiling with himself. I shouldn't have said anything, I thought, while I cursed my uncontrollable fat tongue.

“She was my mom.” I hardly heard his words. He turned his head to the other side and I didn't quite understand why he did that. Ignoring to ask further questions, I unlocked my phone with an intention to divert his attention.

“And this, this is my marshmallow, my life, my babygirl,” he chuckled and I saw that gleam in his eyes again, the one that I had seen in the cafe. Marshmallow. He had said this when he had attended the call of Emily. She was his sister, cute little thing. He blushed when I said that to him.