6. Andrew Had It

Mouth-watering Steve playing Soccer! Well, that's a treat!

***

Ashton's POV

I chuckled at myself after I walked away from that cute red-light. Yeah, her red crop top, that distinctly showed her tiny waist, was too bright to not notice her. And on top of that, she bumped into me.

It seemed that she really hurt her forehead. I wondered if all the girls back in school got hurt this much when they would deliberately bump into me or try to slip their feet whenever they would be around me.

That always felt so embarrassing to me. As much as I tried to be away from such attention, I was forcefully dragged into it.

That was mainly because the girls were attracted or infatuated by me. And it wasn't that, I did what I did for attention. It was just for the sake of money, money for my Myra and myself. Because, if I wouldn't, no one was going to pick us up and feed us forever.

She seemed too innocent to facsimile my high school beauties knowingly.

Call me stupid but I, honestly didn't know how to react and so, I just walked away to Steve, not sparing even a glance behind.

"Hey! I'm Ashton," I introduced myself as I walked to the front.

He stopped talking to the girl that was standing beside him and blushing infinitely as he lifted the corners of his lips up.

"I really need to tell you how amazing you are at the game!" I complimented 'Steve' as I had noticed was written on the back of his jersey, reaching out for a handshake, before he could have said anything.

"Oh, thank you so much! It means a lot." We shook hands as the girl kept grinning and looking adorably at Steve with visible admiration in her eyes.

She was pretty. And cute.

I felt a little awkward as he kept his eyes fixed on me for a while. I didn't know what to do and so, I just kept smiling.

Half of the time, you don't know what to do. Tell me something new.

Geez, thanks conscience.

"Hey, I think I have seen you somewhere," he said as he tried to reminisce if he had seen me earlier. The girl standing beside him suddenly shot her head up towards me.

"Umm, I don't know. You probably must have," I just guessed, as I shoved my hands in my jeans pocket.

"Oh! Do you make YouTube videos or something? I guess one of my friends showed me some video of yours," he said as he squinted his eyes.

"Uh, yeah, I do," I replied shyly. I was really bad at situations like these.

"Yes! Yes! It clicked me clearly this time. I have seen a video of yours in which you were climbing a huge, gigantic rock. Oh my God, I was so impressed, man!" Steve's voice dripped with appreciation which drowned me in an ocean of awkwardness.

Couldn't help but be modest at times like this when actually all I felt was awkwardness.

How satirical was this. On one side I was climbing rocks, diving deep into cold water, and on the other, I was this mushy and shy ball that melted in admiration internally.

I wondered sometimes that probably I was a girl whose sex was changed at the birth. I groaned at my sexist thought.

Even girls are not shy. You are worse than a girl.

Happily ignoring you!

I noticed the girl hinting something at Steve and he probably seemed to deny it.