3. Off to New York

Say hi to this beautiful, weird stuff!

Australia

Ashton’s POV

“Hey guys! What's up! Come on in,” I greeted my three best friends as I opened the door of my little but magnificent house.

“Hey buddy! How're you feeling?” Tris, the heartthrob of the whole school with his most charming smile and handsome face asked as he gave me a side hug, patting my back.

Emily and Brad hugged me, too, as they entered, settling on the brown, super comfy  couch.

The living room just had this couch, a huge TV on which I usually watched my recorded videos shoot by Seth when we were on some adventure trip, some furniture and a dining table for six even though it was just me and Myra.

“Emily, where's Seth?” I asked her as she unlocked her phone.

“He would be here in ten, I guess. Mom had some important work in which apparently, only Seth would be able to help her.” She rolled her eyes.

Seth and Emily were this cutest couple of twin siblings. They both had hazel eyes, a sharp pointed nose and full lips although they had different hair colour. Emily's were brunette while Seth's were pitch black.

“That's great! Come Emily, let's get locked together. What do you say?” Tris laughed, teasing her, as he high-fived Brad.

Emily gave an exaggerated smile as she slapped Tris’ arm.

Tris and Brad were known as the Flirt-boys of Riverine High. Although flirting with Emily was just for fun and to bring some reaction out of her, they loved her and cared for her too much.

Emily was beautiful in every aspect, not in just looks but also by her heart. She would always be there for us no matter what she would be busy with. Now that was what friendship of five years calls for!

Seth and Emily used to stay just next door to where our rented house was. It was until I didn't move here, after...after my Mom's death, three years ago.

Yes, this house wasn't mine. It was of my greedy uncle who thought that if they would keep us, us meaning my little sister, Myra and I, my grandfather would give half of his fortune to him. Instead he gave it to us although I didn't touch that money unless it was too urgent.

Tris and Brad just met us two years ago when we were on a trip and they wanted to hide from the teachers after pulling out some prank. That night, they stayed with Seth and I, we four talking about our lives, all the fun we had had and all the girls they had made out with, complaining how every girl was such a pain in the ass.

They were enthralled, excited and in awe after I told them the things I did. I even showed them the videos Seth had shot of mine and also the pictures he had clicked, forcing me to put up on Instagram.

“Hey, Ash! Where's Myra?” Emily asked as she got up from her place and sauntered towards the kitchen.

“Usual, with Rose,” I replied with a feeling of guiltiness.

Mrs. Rosalind Grayson or Rose, as she insisted on calling her, was this old woman who stayed across my house. We met her first when she came to greet us with a plate of some cherry pie with toasted almonds when she first noticed us shifting here. She insisted on taking Myra with her whenever I would be busy.

Busy in making money, of course. The things that we do for money!

Myra was just four when Mom left us and I, fifteen, when I didn't know what responsibility even meant. But don't they say, as the time changes, people change, too and so do the responsibilities.