33. Perfect

Natalie's POV

Sometimes, some things might seem the least probable to you or maybe impossible, but that's when those things hit you like a reckless tornado, swirling so rapidly, gulping you in, until all that remains is nothing, sweeping everything away in a matter of few minutes.

I was afraid of the tornado. I didn't want anything more complicated to enter my life. I had my whole life in front of me unplanned - dad, college, jobs, exams. After reading that e-mail, I wasn't in this world anymore, although I didn't make it appear on my face. I didn't want Ashton to have even a hint of anything. At this point, I was scared of Ashton. My conscience made me understood how that e-mail could be a spam or someone just messing with Ashton. I wouldn't know the truth until I ask him. And I had absolutely no balls to do it.

For a moment, I thought that it was good that Ashton was leaving in few days. I wouldn't need to indulge in whatever matters he had his hands on. But then, I didn't know if I would be able to make myself talk to him less. He had become a kind of a habit. We had met everyday and spent more than half of the day with each other since we met the first time. I didn't even know if I should talk about this to Char and Steve or not. Maybe, I should. But, if whatever that e-mail said was true, Char and Steve would be in trouble along with me. I didn't want that.

"Talie, park the car here. We have to walk inside, along the woods," Ashton said. I couldn't worry about anything except the fact that he had brought me in woods. What was he going to do? But then again, I was over thinking way too much.

We both made our ways towards the woods as soon as I parked the car. I had put my clothes in Ashton's duffel bag which was now sexily hanging on his shoulder. He had wore a simple white t-shirt and olive three-fourths. Even after asking him for million times, he didn't tell me where we were going but just said that I would absolutely love the place. That was his only dialogue everytime he took me to places.

There was pin-drop silence around us. The branches swung noiselessly, probably the animals hunted noiselessly, too. Different scents could be smelled. It felt good here - silence and peace decorating the whole widespread land.

"Hey, Talie, do you have any idea how we trace e-mail ids?" Ashton asked casually. I could imagine the knowingness in his voice. Did he come to know that I had read his e-mail?

"Umm, no idea actually. But, Steve has some friends who are too much into hacking and all. Why?" I dared to ask.

"There's this guy at school - he's such an ass, almost everybody hates him. Nobody talks to that creep."

"Hey, come on! You can't judge anyone like that. What happened?" I lightly punched his arm, playfully.

"He sends creepy e-mails to everyone. And God knows how many ids he has! And those emails don't even have any meaning, just random irritating shit. Few months ago, he sent Emily an e-mail which had a link to some horror website which had a 3D effect of cockroaches flying. It was too creepy." I probably knew where he was heading to. I knew what he was expecting me to ask him. Probably I over reacted too much. I messed up with my own mind. I thought ill of Ashton.

"Oh." I said slowly. "Did he send anything to you ever?" I asked. I wished he said what I was expecting to hear.

He told me exactly what I wanted to. I was relieved. After all, it was some stupid guy pranking Ashton only because he hadn't recommended his name to the coach for the football team. Sick. It felt like a huge load was taken off my back. How a person so sweet and loving could ever do anything so bad? I mentally sighed. And tripped over a branch, physically, landing in Ashton's arms. I remembered the first time I had stared into those beautiful eyes, blue and so full with colour and passion, lively and cheerful. We were in the same position then that we were in, now. It could be our "thing" - cliche slipping-and-falling-into-arms.