12. In The Hospital

Ashton's POV

The next thing I knew I was doing as soon as Charlotte told me that she couldn't find Natalie was running helter-skelter, shirtless, only to reassure myself that Natalie was nowhere to be found. This area could prove to be a lot messy, I had heard from my fellow mates. People here were very arrogant and had standards in negative, especially regarding to girls. I couldn't imagine Natalie getting hurt because of me. I would of course, blame myself, because I was the one to call her here to hangout.

And my conscience had just slapped me internally. After all, a fight club isn't a place to hangout, not at least with those girls whom you just met. I didn't know what I was thinking. Such an ass!

Steve, clutching Charlotte's hand, and I ran to two different directions with our eyes as hungry as a famished tiger hunting for its prey. On my way, I disturbed few girls who were snogging guys to ask if they had seen any girl going to some other direction almost an hour ago, who heavily rolled their eyes, mumbling a light ‘no’ with great efforts.

My body was already hurt due to those merciless punches and I wanted to badly jump on my bed and sleep eternally. But, I wasn't to complain anymore about it. I didn't care how badly my whole body was paining and burning, because all I got in return was a big, fat bundle of American dollars and I couldn't be any happier.

I strolled around the area, carefully assessing the place. Trees stood with their branches swinging mirthfully and spreading their redolence everywhere in air. A couple was almost naked, hands on each other, making out like there was no tomorrow behind a tree. I chose to cringingly look away and allow my eyes some relief.

A little distance away, there was this group of three guys who was looking at some vague direction. I wasn't able to make out where exactly. But, I was sure they were looking towards another tree. It was so dark that I wasn't even able to see their faces. I could see their shining sets of teeth as they roared with laughter and joked about something.

My muscles were aching and I desperately needed a quick massage which I planned on taking later at the hotel.

I stood there for few seconds as I thought of the nearby places where Natalie could go. Her phone was switched off, too, leaving zero ways to trace her. That was irresponsible! But then again, I was judging her without knowing her.

The guys had tattooes all over their faces and arms and the hairstyle of The Weeknd. They walked dramatically as if mocking someone towards the tree and laughed amongst themselves. That was when I saw a pair of legs stretched under the tree. Someone was lying there, most probably, unconscious and there was a high probability of it being Natalie. I rushed towards that tree like my legs had wheels of Veyron.

The faces of those boys suddenly held a confused expression. Their laughing had stopped. I averted my eyes to the figure lying down and as expected, it was Natalie. I didn't know what they were thinking about but I did what I felt was right at that moment without asking for any trouble in my favour.

“Oh, my God! Thanks guys. I saw you were trying to help her. She's my girl!” I said, trying my most to not sound sarcastic as I arched myself to lift her up in bridal style.

They eyed me from head to toe and probably stood wondering how wierd the whole situation looked. Mumbling an ‘it's okay' they strolled away towards the opposite direction without glancing back.

I walked with Natalie in my arms towards the parking. She was passed out, totally. Her lips were dry and it looked like broken lines were carved on them. Her hair had already become a nest. I wondered what would have probably happened to make her unconscious.

She would be okay. She would be fine. I calmed myself down. It was my mistake. Oh, God!

Steve and Char were already pacing up and down the parking lot with panicked expressions and nervous demeanor. Char opened her mouth but ran towards me as if she was the lion attacking its prey when she saw Natalie in my arms.