Circus Girl 🎪 One

Chapter Title: Green Highlights

----

"Please make way for the Royal Family!"one of the hosts of the event announced. As the people of Joseon made way for the 8 people walking towards their seats.

Currently in Joseon, King Dong Wook and his wife Queen In-Na are ruling after their late Father King of Joseon died a year ago. Prince Sungjae was helding both his hands to his niece and nephew named So Rim and Tae Kwang.

"Uncle Sungjae! Where is Auntie Yerim?"So Rim asked tugging his long shirt.

"She's in Europe right now finishing her studies."Sungjae answered.

"Is she with her boyfriend Jungkook-oppa?"she asked again which made Sungjae distracted from what the event people were telling them about the program being presented for them.

"Ne, so be a good girl and stay close? You too Tae Kwang, no time for pranking other people tonight."he sternly said for the kids to understand.

Their little chitchat were interrupted when the Joseon Ministers together with their family arrived and are also being assisted towards their assigned seats. Sungjae could only put on his bored face seeing the girls he was being paired to for marriage, but he refused to marry anyone. Minister Kim bowed in front of the Royal family with his wife behind him and her Daughter So Hyun. Dong Wook just signaled them to take their seats as Minister Lee's family came forward next to greet them, he was only with his Daughter Sejeong. The last Minister to greet them was the Park family with their only daughter Chorong.

"Hey uncle Sungjae, my Papa told me you need a girlfriend."Tae Kwang commented which made him flinch a little as Gong Yoo heard their conversation and scoot over to butt in.

"Don't talk about girlfriend's in front of your uncle kids, he might remember the Circus Girl again."Gong Yoo said with a grin on his face as Go-Eun nudged him on the side to stop him from teasing the young Prince.

"Circus girl?"So Rim asked as she was temporarily stopped on playing her doll.

Sungjae was about to answer the little girl when the program started. Everyone turned all their attention to the stage as different talented performers started doing their acts. On the first part, multiple singers from other countries performed their piece followed by dance acts from local dances to international dances. The Royal Family was amazed with the whole event, So Rim and Tae Kwang were all focus with the new things they are witnessing.

After the said event, everyone were already served for dinner in the dining area in the castle. All throughout the feast they quietly ate their meals before the Ministers together with the King went to another area to talk about the Kingdom.

....

"My apologies to ask this your Highness but the people are already wondering when would Prince Sungjae decide to marry?"Minister Kim asked, Dong Wook just settled his cup of tea on the table before answering the question.

"My young brother is not interested in marrying anyone."the King said which made all the Ministers in the room to glance at each other.

"May we ask why your highness? The Kingdom had chosen a very fit ladies for the Prince's selection."Minister Lee announced. Dong Wook was well aware of his brother's decision and he too understand and respects him.

"Does the issue of my brother's preference of being in a single life have any concern with the problems or development of our Kingdom?"Dong Wook asked which surprised everyone with his stern voice clearly sounding like he didn't like how they kept mentioning about the marriage when it was already settled a year ago that Sungjae wasn't going to marry someone he didn't wishes to wed.