Circus Girl 🎪Eighteen

Chapter Title: Revelation

----

"This is outrageous!"the Head Minister exclaimed upon hearing the King's declaration of marriage for the three Princes to the three sisters.

"According to you, they can choose any woman they want to marry."The King calmly said.

"Well of course, but to commoners? Prince Hyunsik and Suho can marry commoners since they are only lower level Princes from the Late Queen's side."The Head Minister spoke as Dong Wook just sat and hear his explanation. "But Prince Sungjae cannot just pick a random girl in town? Most especially a former Circus Entertainer."he added with a touch of disapproval.

"It happened 6 years ago. The Circus is no longer an issue in Joseon."The King started off. "And by the last will of my Father, the late King he clearly indicated that Sungjae can solemnly choose whom he wants to marry, may she be Royal or a mere commoner."The King added which made the Head Minister taken a back.

"I too remember his words, but clearly isn't it bad for the Royal Families image? Letting a mere Circus Girl become a Princess?"The Head Minister asked.

The King was growing impatient with how their conversation was going. It was very clear from the start that there were no longer issues with the marriage but now it's getting even more complicated.

"Last time you've been pushing through for my brother on getting married since he surpassed the age already. And now that he decided to marry, you won't approve of his bride? This is unbelievable."The King exclaimed in pure annoyance.

"My apologies your Highness but I am making sure that the problem almost committed years ago wouldn't happen now, or the sacrifices of the former Rulers would be in vain."the Head Minister spoke which made Dong Wook confused.

"What do you mean by almost committed?"Dong Wook asked fully hooked with the topic.

"It already happened in the past that a Circus Girl as well was almost declared as Queen of Joseon, but was successfully prevented by the late Queen of Joseon."the Head Minister spoke.

Dong Wook couldn't believe the revelation he had known.

"And may I know who was the King who almost married a Circus Girl?"Dong Wook asked which made the Head Minister to look at him straight in the eye.

"Your Father."he spoke which made the King surprised at the same time confused.

-------
PARK SOO YOUNG

It's been a few days since last time we came from the castle. And yeah the wedding announcement, I don't understand why but I'm the only one who's perfectly not fine with the situation. Like who wouldn't be? I just happened to meet my so called almost lover 6 years ago and we weren't in really good terms and the King would randomly say to my face that he's getting married to me? Like when did the proposal happened? And why wasn't I informed? Was I unconscious during those times? I freaking want an explanation! And I want it a valid one as well!

"Sooyoungah, you've been murdering your food since awhile ago. Gwenchanayo?" Seungwan-eonnie asked as she was feeding Chandy. Chanyeol-oppa isn't at home right now, he officially works at Bo Gum-oppa's entertainment bar as a DJ and singer as well.

"Ani, I'm still bothered by the sudden marriage thing."I blurted out.

"Aigoo, don't think about that too much. Like Sungjae told you, he's not in a hurry. He's fine if it took you guys a few more years, Irene and Suho-oppa can't wait though since they are getting old."She said. Well yeah, for some reason they are getting married the next month, while Seulgi and Hyunsik-oppa are still deciding wether to marry or date first.