Circus Girl 🎪Four

Chapter Title: The engagement

----

So Rim has been pestering her mother about the prior engagement she said about Sungjae and So Hyun before, Tae Kwang on the other hand kept on tagging along to know the story as well.

"Lee So Rim, have you gone mad? You've been pestering me since last night."her mother scolded her.

"But Mama! You haven't told us the story on how Joy-eonnie was the reason Uncle Sungjae and Lady So Hyun didn't get married."So Rim asked with a touch of annoyance in her voice while Tae Kwang was just nodding in agreement at the background.

"Aigoo young lady, why are you so interested in their story. You never even asked me and your Papa's story."Queen In-Na said clearly teasing the young Princess.

"Ehhh, I already knew yours and Papa's since Uncle Gong Yoo told us about it before."So Rim whined.

"Hahaha you're so cute my daughter, okay fine! I'll tell you their story just promise me after this you will stop pestering me about it okay? If Sungjae finds out about this he will scold you both."her mother said but the two kids just nodded in approval not minding that their uncle might find out about their research on his previous love story.

------

(6 years earlier)

An 8 month pregnant Princess In-Na was wandering around the palace together with her helpers assisting her when she saw her husband Prince Dong Wook and the King coming out of the study room. Her husband glanced at her direction as she smiled at him, after a moment Dong Wook excused himself as he approached his wife.

"What are you doing outside dear? You know it's not good for you and So Rim to be walking around. You'll tire yourself."Dong Wook exclaimed.

"Aigoo, I'm fine honey. I just wanted to get some air, we just came from Go-Eun's room and Tae Kwang was so cute."In-Na exclaimed.

"Ah it's okay we will meet our little angel soon too."Dong Wook said as he caressed her baby bump. Before In-Na could forget she asked her husband what he was doing in the study room with his Father. Upon hearing her question, Dong Wook signaled her helpers to leave them both as they slowly walk back to their room.

"What's wrong? Is it a bad news?"In-Na asked.

"Not exactly but it's about Sungjae."Dong Wook spoke.

"What about him? Did Father found out that he went out again to see the Circus show?"In-Na asked in concern for her young brother.

"Yes but that's not the issue, it's about Father making him the Crown Prince and is already planning for his marriage."Dong Wook exclaimed which surprised her.

"Omo! Didn't we already told him that Sungjae doesn't want to be King? And what marriage? This is not good."In-Na said worried as they walk inside their room.

"I also don't know what Father is up too, he very well know that Sungjae doesn't want the throne."her husband said.

....

"Marriage?! Are you mad Father?"Sungjae snapped at his Father, Gong Yoo got a hold of him.

"Watch your words Sungjae."Dong Wook scolds him but Sungjae didn't mind him since he was already a well known rebel in the family.

"I'm just 20 for pete sake Father, and why haven't you consulted for my permission. You even set the date of the wedding, I don't even know who that girl you want me to marry. This is ridiculous."he kept on talking as his Father just let him talk all he wants. Nothing can change his decisions anyway.