19. Family affairs

Siar

It has been three days since I last saw and heard from Draven no one has heard from them so they must be safe. Lately I haven't been crying for him, the potion his mother had given him had ripped us apart. I guess this was for the best for us because who knows what would happen if we were still mates, it would have been even harder for both of us to focus. I decided to keep myself busy by being more helpful around Alvaro stepping up as a leader. Our security has been tight since news from Mrs. Teodora arrived, I've been in training with William; he has shown me the art of Teodora, I've been learning how to be an assassin wolf. It has been tough but it will all pay off because we are getting ready for war. If Draven and the others fail we will have to step up. Penelope said there are more than two hundred thousand people going into war for Logan. There is a chance that Draven and the others will get caught.

Now and then Penelope will send out Kahlal to seek information. He is the best full breed wolf ever. He is invincible, he has gone so far to get information and is back just before sun down. Penelope did say that Kahlal is a rare messanger wolf he can sense trouble from far away. He has never been in great danger because he can shape shift to blend with crowds.

I met up with Marina in the research lab, she has been working on the where-abouts of Draven and the others.

"Any luck," I asked taking a seat beside her

"No its really hard to tell right now...I know they aren't on the main roads," She said looking through satelites. "When they left they were attacked by rouges the polices came around. Don't worry they're fine they got away without being hurt."

She looked at me taking her glasses off. "You look sad is everything alright," She asked. I looked down on her chest and she was wearing George's gold band on a gold chain. I avoided her question, "Do you love him." She looked at me confused.

"Marina is there something going on with you and George," I asked

She went back to her work.

"Marina is there something going on,"-

Before I could say anything else she cuts me off

"Siar, George and I are mates but like you and Draven we can't be together at this moment," She said not looking at me but still working.

"There's nothing wrong I'm not judging you...I just find it confusing I though George has a wife,"

"Yeah he does my niece which is Logan's daughter,"

"Wow this all complicated. Does Draven know,"-

"Of course not...this is too much for him...If you haven't notice Draven isn't really good at handling dramas, it has never been his thing he always tries and avoid dramas since there were a lot back home. I know you are a leader So when he gets back you should actually wear the pants because Draven likes to be force into being submissive," She spoke in a pitched tone, looking at online news. "but I know he knows that George and I are real mates because George is not very good at keeping secrets away from his family," She looks at me and takes her glasses off. "I only hope Draven doesn't get crappy at George for keeping this away from him, he can be hard work! seriously. He has trust issues; Morgan and I worked so hard to gain his trust it wasn't easy."

I had to agree with her, Draven is quite moody and it all makes sense. He has been through a lot so he's actually afraid of love, that's why sometimes he pushes me away. He's been brought up in all sorts of knots but no one hasn't really shown him real love and trust. It made me crumble knowing that Draven is full of hate and he only can be so positive that its fake. It made me realize that I need to be the bigger guy here and aid Draven to a better life.

Marina goes to the little kitchen behind us and makes two cups of coffee.

"Long story short, Logan set up George and Sofia when Penelope had left it's a hierarchy thing," She motions her right hand in mid air. "To be safe I disappeared because I know my half brother Logan would kill me for interfering his weird daughter."

"I haven't seen Logan since we were kids my mother left and my father remarried to his rightful mate. Back then it wasn't about mates it was about status, my mother was a Royal whore scam, she claimed to be part of this "Ancient" tribe which I forgot what is was called...but when she got caught out after her third marriage she was sentence to death. They only found out because some of the kids were mating with the unprivileged people," My father interupted taking a seat beside me logging into the computer system.

"Does that mean we are related to Marina," I asked confused.

"No, Logan and I share the same father but your dad and Logan have the same mother," Marina explained

"unfortunately! Logan is filled with jealousy because he knew himself he would never mate with a noble pack neither his family...He has tried so hard to get in with the clique," My father said

I sat in silent thinking of something to say. It came to my mind to negotiate but my father rejected it. He said it's too late to negotiate with Logan there is only one thing and that is power. Sofia has gone missing since news had broken out. No one knows where she is, George is mostly worried about his son Caleb.

Marina coughs interupting me and my father's conversation.

"Sorry, that Caleb boy is not George's son she was having an affair behind George's back with her true mate. George believed it was his son until I found out that she was having an affair, thanks to my mocking bird keeping tracks on her. Sofia is a different dumb," Marina laughed and nearly chocked on her biscute.

"Wowsis Marina," I held my hands in surrender

"As per Logan's plans George had to go along with it...Sofia isn't awful like her father she was force to be with George as a good daughter she listened," Marina explained

"Before you even ask that question," She cuts me off before I could say anything. "Sir Teodora only did it because of noble reasons because Logan was a full blooded royal child, which was a lie."

"I was actually the lucky one to have my father's noble genes, so I went on mating with your mother which makes you a full blooded Royal," My father said

Marina saw the expression on my face I was feeling unease about kids, knowing very well Draven can't produce children.

"Don't worry Siar, Morgan is from a noble family too and I'm sure she'll be happy to serogate for you after all she's a wise lady," Marina said

Marina is right about Morgan but I doubt she would do it for Draven because that would be kind of weird and awkard for her. Draven is like a brother to her, but I hope she will approve of me. I shouldn't be thinking about babies because what if Draven doesn't return and I'll have to love someone else - I sighed to myself thinking of the "what if".

"Sir my mother will be arriving in two days she can contribute war wolves for the war," Marina tells my father.

"It is rude to decline a useful offer," My father said. "I will most likely appreciate your mother's help."

My father excuses himself and leaves the lab. I quickly jumped on his computer to search his system if he had any details about Draven's where abouts, I scrolled and click through files. I clicked on and it opened up a live GPS of Draven and the others.