26. Death of a wolf

I panted trying to lift my body. I felt myself dragged across the gravel. The pull wasn't vicious but rather helpful. I squinted my eyes open to a pale light, collecting my memory. A voice sounding a far yelling my name. "Draven wake up"

"DRAVEN WAKE UP" The voice yelled a familiar tone.

My eyes shot open when I saw my mother beside me combing through my hair.

"Mum," I questioned

"You need to wake up" she demanded
"I'm trying but nothing is working" I cried

"You need to try harder"

"I don't know how"

I was choking for air, a squeeze closing my wind pipe. I thought hard about Siar, the left side of my bottom lip twitching to smile.

I was trying to capture every bit of air as it slowly drifted through me. The hand around my neck, slowly getting tighter as I felt the man's hand flew off me. I held my posture taking in more air.
I regain strength and stood up surprised of my speedy recovery.
Logan was spread on the ground panting for breath as my father stood in front of me ready to charge at him.

His mouth dripping of blood, his eyes golden yellow. He charged at Logan, who was defenseless. Dad took him by the throat, ripping every vein and flesh out of his stomach. Blood oozed out, with little effort.
My father was back into his human form. He collapsed to the ground taking easy breaths. But he didn't look okay there was blood flowing from his abdominal area. I ran to his aid dropping beside him. Holding the tears in.

"Father you're going to be okay"

"Help is on its way, let me try heal this wound" I placed my hand on his stomach.

He cringed in pain biting on his arm. I moved his arm out of his mouth as he was biting the living flesh out of him.

"Is he okay" Siar asked. He looked worried, I nodded to him, "he'll be fine he has used a lot of energy and can't heal himself...is there anyone who needs my aid."

I looked around everyone except four were hurt. I caught my eyes on my brother. He was flat on the ground slowly returning to his true form.

He didn't look okay he wasn't moving. My instinct told me to run to help him. I gulped my fear down dropping on my knees to check his pulse.

The tears flowed to the stopped heartbeat. There was no rhythmic flow, it flowed a heavy stream.
"No" I cried out pain. Siar ran to my side rubbing my back in comfort. He wrapped his arms around my head kissing my gently. I could feel his tears fall on my forehead. I cried even more. Trying to think what to do.

"you have to wake up you" I cried out loud moving myself room Siar's arms.

I looked at my father he was reaching for air his eyes shut firmly, hands clasped, as he turned to his side trying to talk. He opened his eyes a strange glow shone. His mouth moved, there was still no words coming out.

I realised something odd. My mother returned to the scene.

"My son you are fine but it is time to wake up and save your love ones" she reached her hand into mine, handing me something that felt like a shape of a sphere. It was rough with a smooth glowing bronze, the power it sent through me healed me instantly. I knew what it was, the Barika. I slowly opened my hand to the strobing brown Barika, flashing everlasting Colours after each brown and blue, white light rays. How did my mum get hold of the Barika. Was I dreaming.

"What do I do with it," I asked, looking down at the Barika amazed. It kept flashing, I could hear a heart beat. A happy heart beat flashing its colors in my palm.

"this is the only way that will change Teodora." My mother smiled. She put her right hand on my cheek smiling until she disappeared in to the green light that shown a glittering spark. I covered my eyes trying to see through. But reality hit me and I fell hard to the ground once again choking for air.

I shot up by fear; the growls and distasteful biting. Howling came from the other side. I looked around and everyone looked exhausted. Wolves were coming from every directions attacking my family and friends. They looked as if they were going to give up.

"How," I startled

"I sealed it within you, only I could extract it out of you without hurting a limb," my mum explained. She despaired again.

I quickly ducked down as I felt Logan's present, rushing towards me. He was brutually tackled to the ground by my father. A crack at Logan's neck sent him flying across the gravel ground in howls. My father charged at him. Logan recovered snarling at my father running towards him.

I did the right thing and charged at Logan too. "stay back Draven this is my fight" my father growled.

"I can't let you get hurt"

"you haven't killed before so I rather have you innocent than a murderer"-

"he could kill you he's killed many. I need to do this," -

"take what you have and save us," my father growled. "Siar's I'll need you to go with Draven he'll need your help. This is a test to be certain you are his true mate. Don't disappoint me."

A gleam of strength shown from Siar. He nodded to my father. We left as soon as possible to the temple. I didn't dare look back but continued a head at the back of Siar.

I remembered about George. I searched the area for him there was no sign of him around. I started to get paranoid and anxious. My face lit up hot red.

"come Draven we have to go!" Siar pulled me towards a far discreet exit.

"George, " I retorted

" he's fine"

-------------

Omg I am so sorry for the longest update! I've been stuck on this story for so long my imagination just flew out of the window!!
I'm going to finish this story asap.