Still Waiting For That Beer

Emily's perspective

I open my eyes slowly  my eyes bleary. I slowly realize I'm awake. But what happened where is everyone? I jump awake yelling. "Lydia!" I look around I hear the soft beeping of monitors and I look around Allison is in a chair next to my bed half asleep but when she hears me gasp she wakes up. "Emily." She says with tears in her eyes and she reaches for my hand. "I thought you were going to die." She mutters her voice cracking. 

"I'm okay. It just hurts." I offer her a weak smile my voice crack some from my mouth being so dry.

I lay back in the bed I clench my fist from the pain. Allison hands me a cup of water and I shakily try to take a drink I only take a small drink because it hurts too much to keep the cup up. Allison takes the cup from me. She brushes her hand against my cheek and smiles.

"I brought you some sweat pants and a T-shirt. I know you hate wearing hospital gowns."

"Thanks, can you help me up? I want to change." I ask as I attempt to sit up. I groan.

"Yeah, sure." Allison gently helps me in a sitting position, by holding my hand and pushing on my back. I feel dizzy and I groan.

"I think you should stay in bed a little longer." Allison comments when she notices my reaction. She helps me lay back down and pulls the blanket more onto me.

"Good idea." I mumble.

I asses my wounds. I have bandages covering from my ribs down to about three inches above my hips and bruising on my neck. I can feel bruising on my whole body. It hurts to breath so my ribs must at least be bruised.  I have a Velcro cast on my right wrist. I ask the first question that comes to mind.

"Where's Lydia?" 

"She's home." 

I look down at my hands. "Where's Mr. Stilinski?" I ask my voice cracking. 

I look up at her. She bits her lip.  "He was taken." I feel tears swell in my eyes. I could've saved him. Allison squeezes my uninjured hand. "It's not your fault." I nod.

"It feels like it." I reply.

"Em-" I cut her off.

"Where's dad?" I question he's not in here or out in the hall.

"He's downstairs getting us something to eat. I can text him if you want something."

"No, I think I'm okay. How long have I been out?" 

"About 2 hours."

I look down, I slowly start to remember everything, that's happened before I went out. "What about Scott, Stiles, Isaac and.... Derek?" I say the last part quietly. I don't really know her feelings about me and Derek, I also don't know if she told our dad.

"Worried beyond belief. I saw him out in the hall, when Dad and I talked to the surgeon." She replies. Allison doesn't explain who the 'he' is but the look on her face tells me who. Derek.

Before I can respond. Melissa walks in. "Hi, sweetheart, how do you feel?"

"Like I was hit by a bus." I say and smile weakly.

"It's gonna hurt for a little while."

"I know, but I figured might as well smile through the pain." 

Melissa smiles and continues checking my vitals. "Okay so, I'll explain the extent of your injuries but your family might be able to tell you more since the surgeon talked to them. You have a severe sprain your wrist, the obvious stab wounds and the cuts on your forehead and the stitches you needed in your head." I nod. "If you need anything I'll be here." I nod again.