Mistaking Lydia For A Target

Chapter 1

I wake up the next morning and dress quickly in a bun letting some lose strands out. I throw on a long sleeved purple sweater with black hearts and dark blue denim shorts with black leggings and my combat boots.

         I grabbed my black back pack purse and ran out the door but Allison and my dad stopped me. “It was just a nightmare guys.” I say nonchalantly at their worried looks.

         “Let me drive you to school.” Allison suggests.

         “Sure.” I sigh in annoyance.

        “Have a good day girls.” Dad calls.

          “Bye Dad.” We call and we get in the elevator.

         When it dings open we're in a morgue. Our breath becoming visable as the cold air is thick in the room. We share a confused look.

        We see a body cabinet that has the name Kate Argent written on it. It's not open or closed just ajar.

        Allison and I share a look and Allison pulls it open. It's a long and narrow metal box. At first there's nothing then a creaking sound then we see our Aunt climbing up to get us.

        Allison and I slam it shut and run out the door.

        We push open the door and a school bell rings.

        We're standing in school. How did we get here if we were just at the hospital.

        Lydia comes up to us with a worried look on her face. “Em are you okay?” Allison asks. I nod. But I know that that was so far from okay.

        =

        Lydia drags me out to find Stiles and Scott. “Because it's happening to all three of you.” She interjects.

        We walk back into school with Lydia smiling widely.

        “Look who's no longer the crazy one?” Lydia says in a mocking tone.

        “We're not crazy.” I snap.

         “Hallucinating, sleep paralysis and a combination of both? Yeah you guys are fine.” She retorts, looking between the three of us.

         “We did die and come back to life, there's got to be some side affects right?” Scott interjects.

         “Okay. So we just need to keep an eye on each other, and Lydia stop enjoying this.” Stiles says. We all nod.

        Scott, Stiles and I head to History while Lydia and Allison go to Art.

        I sit behind Scott, Stiles sits in front of Scott and class starts.

         “Good morning, everyone my name is Mr. Yukimura. I'll be taking over for you previous history teacher. My family and I just moved here three weeks ago. I'm sure by now you all know my daughter, Kira. Or you might not since she never actually mentioned anyone from school. Or brought home a friend for that matter.”

         We all turn our heads when a head hits a desk making a bang sound. “Either way, there she is.” He says gesturing to a girl with black hair and is really pretty.

        I notice Scott looking at her longer than everyone else. “Now let's start with American History at the beginning of the 20th century.” Mr. Yukimura says at the board.