Pawns In A Deadly Game

Chapter 9

The next morning I quickly dressed in a see through but put on a red tank top dark red long sleeve with black jeans and my black high-tops and a denim vest with my hair in a high pony tail.

         I grabbed my keys to drive to the Sheriff's department to pick up my dad and Derek they were finally being released.

         I walked in and saw Parrish handing the boys their stuff back. I walked up and stood next to Derek. His head turned to look at me. I smile at him.

         “Sorry, but I can't let you walk out with this. It's way above the legal voltage limit.” Parrish states as he holding up my dad's electric baton.

          “I only use it for hunting.” Dad states while awkwardly looking over at Derek. Derek gives him a what-the- hell look.

        I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling and I let out a small chuckle.

        Derek gave me a annoyed look. I looked down at his hand and I laced my fingers with his.

         “Calm down, sourwolf.” I whisper loud enough just for him to hear.

        “Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure you could use it to jump-start a 747.” Parrish argues not giving up the fact my dad practically owned a light saber.

        “This property belongs to me and the charges were dropped. Although, I'm not exactly sure who's responsible for that.” Dad counters.

         “I am. I'll take care of this, Parrish.” Papa Stilinski cuts in.

        “Sheriff, I'm not kidding. This thing's a few watts from being a light saber.” Parrish argues.

         I rolled my eyes at Parrish's comment. We get it now give the man his crap so we can get the hell out of here.

        “I said I'll take care of it.” Papa Stilinski replies. We walked into Mr. Stilinski's office.

        “The specialist I saw in L.A told me the thing that every doctor says when he's trying to avoid a lawsuit. 'We can't say for sure.' And then I spoke with Melissa. These are brain scans. My wife's and Stiles'.” He pulled out the pictures from the MRI's. He handed them to my dad to see.

        “I knew they were similar. But those are the same.” Sheriff says.

        Dad puts the papers together and they are exactly the same. “Exactly the same.” He repeats.

        “I'm guessing this isn't possible?” Derek questions.

        “Not even remotely.” Stilinski replies.

        “So the trickster is still playing tricks.” I mutter.

        “But why this trick?” Derek asks.

        “When I was in the Army, an officer told me, 'if you want to defeat your enemy, you don't take away their courage. You take away their hope.'”

        “You don't look like a man who gives up hope easily.” Dad points out.

        “But Stiles might.” He replies. Derek and I nod. “If this thing inside him, if it's using his mother's disease as some sort of psychological trick, then this isn't just a fight for his body. It's also a fight for his mind. Right?” Stilinski's comments.

        “You know, he's left people severely injured.” Dad states.

        “And others severely dead.” Derek adds. I shoot him a look.