Part 2 of Trust the Instinct

SEASON 3B OF TRUST THE INSTINCT

M.A. Christman

Lose your mind

Prologue

I lay in bed gripping the sheets preparing for another nightmare. They've been coming every night since the whole human sacrifice thing.

        I close my eyes praying for more than two hours of sleep but when it comes the nightmares come as well.

         I'm standing alone in the middle of the gym, I'm dressed in a dark blue t shirt and black skinny jeans with combat boots. I look around I'm standing right in the middle of the woods. I hear footsteps coming towards me. I move closer to the sound the leaves crunching under my feet. I step forward when I see the nemeton I reach out and touch it.

         A flash of light and I'm standing in the woods. I walk to find a way out. I keep going until I see a dark figure. They walk closer to me. I back up slowly until my back hits a tree.

         The figure comes into the light so I can make out their face. It's Derek.

         I smile widely and I run up to him.

         He hugs me tightly and picks me up so my feet aren't touching the ground and I wrap my arms around his neck. Okay seriously I love when he hugs me like this.

        I smile then I feel darkness creep into me. Like a dark cloud clawing at my insides fighing to take control.

         Every time I've seen him recently was in a dream that quickly turned into a nightmare. He puts me down and I keep my arms around his neck and put my head in the crook of his neck.

         He wraps his arms around me in a tight hug, keeping me close.

         “Are you real?” I ask my voice wavering. I look up at him.

         His response is kissing me passionately. But it doesn't feel the same when Derek kisses me. It's different rougher.

        I pull back.

        “You're not real, you're not here.” I say softly. Just then Derek falls against me. I put him down on the ground. I start hyperventilating.

         “Derek! Derek please.” There's blood on both of my hands and blood is covering my shirt and pants.

        “It's not real! Wake up Emily!” I pant out. I close my eyes then open them. I'm still in the woods but I'm standing next to the Hale house. Derek is on the ground with blood on his gray shirt. “Derek! Wake up!” I shake him. I look up and see Kate standing there holding a gun aimed at Derek.

        “Kate, don't please. Don't kill him.” I plead tears falling down my face.

        She smiles a wicked smile. “It's my nature.” She replies simply.

         “It's yours too.” My mom's voice echos. I stand up. “Mom?” I whimper.

         “Stop whimpering, what are you a puppy.” Allison spats in disgust coming to stand next to my mother and Kate. “Allison?” I pant out.

         “If you're not with us you're against us.” My dad sneers.

         “You might as well be one of them!” My mom says sharply.

         “Mom, Kate you're not real!”

         “Are you so sure?” Kate taunts.

        “Yes!” I exclam. “Peter killed you. I was there when they put you 6 feet under!” I growled.

         “But was the casket open did you see my body?” She asks every word stepping closer. I back away. Kate holds up a gun and aims it next to me. Right at Derek.

        “Kate no!” I shove her. She shoves me out of the way on the ground. “Kate please.” I beg. I get up from the ground and run at her. I grab her wrist holding her gun and shove it up. I kick her leg. She elbows me in the face knocking me on the ground. She kicks me hard in the chest and shoots Derek before I can get up.

         “NO DEREK!” (INAUDIABLE).

        “What a shame huh?” She taunts. I wake up gasping for breath. “It's just a dream.” I mutter.

        “Is it?” Jennifer sneers from standing by my desk in my room. “I hope you're right or else you let him die. Derek's dead and it would be all your fault.”

        “You're dead!” I yell.

        “Am I? Is Kate?”

         “Leave me alone.” I plead with tears falling down my face.

        “I can't do that, just yet.” Kate says with a smile. I get up out of my bed and run to the door. I'm standing in the middle of the gym. Why am I here? I look around.

         “This isn't real.” I mutter. “This isn't real. It's just a dream get it out of your head Emily.” I yell at myself. My press the bottom of my hands to my temples trying to block out the dream. “Wake up Emily. It's just a dream. WAKE UP!” I scream.

         I open my eyes, it's still dark in my room I roll my head to the side. Derek is next to me sleeping. “Derek?” He wakes up. “Hey, you okay?” “Better now.” I jump awake screaming “Ahhh!” I start thrashing around in my bed. Allison and my dad come running in my room. My dad grabs me and pulls me into his arms. “Emily, it's okay. Shh, sweetie calm down.” Dad sothes. I stop fighting. I bury my head into my dad's chest. What's happening to me?

Here it is the first chapter of 3b is anyone else as excited as me??? Oh By the way it's Moonday!!!!

Hope you're having a awesome day!!

Do you think Emily will lose her mind???

Comment, Vote, Follow :)