Emily's Anger Problems

Chapter 10

I forced myself to climb out of the hospital bed. The storm outside was getting worse I've been here a day and if I'm here five more minutes I'm gonna lose it. Derek was still at home resting, like I instructed. I picked up my crutches that they wanted me to use to walk with so I wouldn't put to much pressure on my stitches and was able to help me move around until I got my strength back up, I refused to use a walker though and I made sure to put up a fight on that one. Yeah the nurses were not loving me at the moment.

 I walked over to Cora's room to check on her. I moved slowly and painfully.

The hospital was bustling because they were evacuating on account  of how bad the storm was. They didn't evacuate my room because I was so not leaving without Cora. I also put up a huge fight when they tried to move me. Yeah Melissa is now the only nurse that can handle me. 

 I hobbled in and saw Peter dabbing Cora's head with a cloth. He actually looks concerned about her. He looked up when he saw me. "You look like hell." He muttered, then looked back down at Cora.

I narrow my eyes at him. "And you look freaking fabulous. Seriously who dressed you?" I reply sarcastically.

"The ability to use sarcasm is a good sign of health for you." 

I roll my eyes.

I move closer to them and look down at Cora. "Is she getting any better? Like at all?"

"No, she might actually be getting worse." Peter finally getting fed up with no one getting Cora. He turns around and yells. "Hey, anyone want to tell me when they're getting these girls  out of here?"

He mutters some curse words and turns back to Cora, when I hear  Melissa walk into the room. "Sorry, she wasn't uh..." She trails off when Peter turns around.

Oh yeah he went on a date with her then died and never called her.

         Awkward.

 Peter steps in the shadows to hide his face. "You're suppose to be dead." She says while giving a what the hell look  I get that. She probably would also like me to explain a bit.

 "I get that a lot actually." He mutters from the shadows.

  "But mostly it's more of a we want you to go die again." I add.

 Peter gives me a glare. We all turn to look at Cora when the monitor starts beeping rapidly and she gasps for air then throws up black blood. I asked Peter what that was in the blood. He said it was mistletoe. A Druid plant.

Jennifer.

That bitch.

Peter and I stand by with Cora. While some nurses try to dress her.

 Peter's phone starts ringing. It's Derek. He doesn't put it on speaker so I only hear what Peter says. "It's not good. She's in and out of consciousness. She's vomiting up black blood along with another alarming substance. She's right next to me and fine."

Derek replies.

 "How did you know that?" Peter asks.

Derek hangs up. He must have said mistletoe.

The nurses are ushered out. I limp into my hospital room with the help of crutches and change into the clothes Allison brought me. I throw on camouflage pants and a tan sweater. I pull the dagger out from under my pillow and I help place Cora in Peter's arms to carry her out. We start walking until we come face to face with the twins. Peter puts Cora down on a bed next to us. I drop my crutches and I put the ring of the knife on my middle finger and grip the knife tightly.