• two •

When the show ended, Austin and I went back to his dressing room. I laid on the couch as he went into the bathroom and took a shower. I scrolled through Instagram, liking some pictures that fans had posted from the concert tonight. I kinda made it my thing. I mean I wasn't anything special, but some of Austin's fans enjoyed having me like or comment on their pictures. That part was cool I guess.

Austin got out of the shower and walked past me to the mini fridge that was located in the corner of the room.

"Want anything?" he asked, grabbing a Bud Light for himself.

"Shock Top," I replied. He pulled out a bottle and walked over to the couch and handed it to me. He sat next to me and twisted off the cap of his beer. I got up and walked over to my purse, pulling out a small sack and some 'rillos. I walked back over to the couch and pulled the coffee table up towards me. After I broke down the 'rillo and rolled a blunt, Austin stood up, signaling for us to go outside. As we were walking outside, I took a picture of Austin holding his beer. I handed him the blunt to light and put a filter on the picture so I could post it on Instagram.

Liked by postmalone, ashcollins and 9,571 othersfuckingbrooke my best friend fucked it up tonight

fuckingbrooke my best friend fucked it up tonight. so excited to be on tour w u bitch! now let's go smoke some green and then pass the fuck out. 😙💨💤
17 minutes ago

postmalone heeeeelllll yeah, thanks for bein my sidekick 🍻
username1 a friendship like theirs pls !!!
username2 And y'all "aren't dating" smh okayyyy
username3 ^ Him and Ashli are dating & they are cute as hell so fuck right off
ashcollins Ugh 😍 Love of my life

I read through some comments, smiling at ones that said anything about us dating. It took me away to an entirely different place for just a minute. I thought about how great we would be together. My thoughts were interrupted by Austin passing me another blunt he had rolled.

"Did you have a good night?" Austin asked me, blowing smoke out of his mouth.

"I did, did you?" I returned the question. Of course he did, he's selling out shows.

"I did as well," he smiled, sipping his third Bud Light of the night. "Are you ready to go to the hotel?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty tired. I know you must be," I said, smoking the rest of the blunt and then putting it out.

"Kinda," he chuckled. He threw his empty beer bottle into the trash can behind him before turning back to me. "The hotel is only about a five minute walk from here. I know you love nightlife."

"Oh, we don't have to walk if you're worried about people coming up to you or any-," I said, until he cut me off.

"You talk too damn much, B," he laughed at me. I tingled at the nickname he had given me a very long time ago. "We're walking."

As we began our walk to the hotel, I stared up at the buildings all around us. It was two in the morning and the lights were on, cars were buzzing by. The city reminded me of myself on nights where all I could do was think about a scenario in which I could work up the courage to tell Austin how I feel. The city and I never sleep.

"I need a fucking burger," I whined, trying to take my mind off of him for at least half a second. I was starving. We ate Taco Bell before he went onstage but that was a while ago.

"They have room service, chill out," he raised his eyebrows at me. I groaned and continued walking until we got to the hotel. We made our way up to our room. My heart dropped to my ass when we walked in and there was only one bed. I didn't know if I should've been excited or sad. I'm glad I'm sleeping with him but it's also not how I want it to be. Shut the hell up, Brooke. You're fucking weird.

Our bags were already in the room so I grabbed my pajamas and changed into them. They were just sweatpants and one of my dad's old t-shirts, nothing special. I threw my hair up in a bun and sat down on the bed after I plugged my charger in.

"How come you get to sleep on the side with the outlets?" Austin asked me, fake pouting.

"Because I got here first, dumb fuck," I said, plugging my phone in and laying down.

"I paid for this room, dumb fuck. So get your ass up," He said to me. I pulled the covers over me, but he ripped them off.

"Fucking stop," I laughed, trying to pull the covers back up.

"You didn't even take your makeup off or brush your teeth so you'll have to get up at some point," he shrugged.

"Oh my God, fine, you can have that side," I got up from the bed and grabbed my tooth brush and makeup wipes from my bag, and then walked into the bathroom. I acted annoyed but secretly, I was so happy he was joking with me like this, even though he does it all the time. I took my makeup off and then brushed my teeth, walking back into the room where Austin was laying on the side without the outlet.

"I said you can sleep on the side with the outlet," I huffed.

"I was joking, B. I wouldn't make you move," he smiled at me. How sweet is he, without even trying? "I just wanted you to get up and brush your teeth so I wouldn't smell your horrible breath."

And he's back.

"Shut the fuck up," I picked up a pillow and hit him with it before getting into bed beside him.

"So you really had a good day?" he asked again.

"I actually did. You know I did," I said, turning on my side away from him.

"Yeah, just making sure. I don't want you to get bored," he said, also laying on his side, but he was facing towards me.

"I promise I'm not gonna get bored around you. You're my best friend," I reassured him. He agreed and then it was quiet.

"Thank you for inviting me to come. It means the world to me," I said, breaking the silence.

"I don't think I could've done this without you by my side, honestly," he chuckled slightly.

"I'm really proud of how far you've come, I can't believe it actually," I smiled to myself.

"Well, it's all because of you," he said. I turned and faced him.

"How?"

"When I used to write stupid songs, you'd always listen to them and tell me if they were good or bad," he smiled. "You're the reason I kept doing it. You're the only friend I had that supported my dream. You helped make it come true."

"Austin, this was all you," I looked at him as I laid on my hands. "You shouldn't have to give me any credit just because I was a good friend to you. You made a name for yourself completely on your own."

"You're the best friend I've ever had and will ever have," he leaned forward and kissed me on the forehead. "I don't ever want to lose you."

My heart stopped. I couldn't breathe. He's never done this. I didn't say anything, I just turned my back towards him to try to mask the fact I was melting.

"Enough of the sweet shit. We forgot to order room service."