• twenty one •

"Austin," I shook the sleeping man that laid beside
me. Yesterday we spent all day in bed, watching Netflix. We stayed up super late last night so he was still asleep. He spent the night even though I told him it wasn't a good idea. I had been awake for a while and had already gotten ready. "Austin wake up."

"Why?" He asked groggily, turning on his side.

"I'm going to eat lunch with mom and Blaire," I said. "I need you to go to your dad's."

"Why can't I go?" He asked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"You can if you want but I'm already dressed. Hurry," I said, grabbing my purse and walking into the living room. He got out of bed and walked in the living room to where I was.

"You look hot as fuck," he said, hugging me from
behind. I turned around and stared at him until he got the hint. "Right, sorry. I forgot."

"Thank you," I said, scrolling through my phone. "Now please get ready if you're going."

"Yes ma'am," he said, walking back into my room. I sat down on the couch and waited for him. Soon, he emerged dressed in a casual outfit. "Ready?"

We got in my car and he insisted on driving. I sat in the passenger seat contemplating everything going on in my life.

"What's wrong?" He asked, breaking me from my thoughts as I looked out the window, biting my nails.

"Hmm? Nothing," I shook my head, brushing it off.

"Brooke," he said. "Tell me."

"I'm just worried," I admitted. "About us."

"I know," he sighed, putting his right hand on my thigh. "We're gonna make it."

"Stop saying that when you're not sure of it," I removed his hand from my thigh.

"Why are you so mad?" He asked me, turning on the blinker.

"Because if this doesn't work out, not only do I lose who I'm in love with, I lose my best friend too," I huffed. "And if it falls apart, you're still gonna have a girl who loves you and a child to remind you why life is okay."

"Can you just stop? Ashli does not love me, Brooke. You and I both know that," He sighed. "I don't love her either. You know exactly who I love."

"I don't care, Austin. This is real life, not some fairytale that works out in the end. I have to actually fight for you this time. I knew it was too good to be true," I turned my body away from him. He put his hand back on my thigh.

"You're right. It was too good to be true," he started. "But fighting for us makes it so much more special. Stop doubting me. Everything will happen like it's supposed to."

"What if we aren't supposed to be together though? Do you know how badly that will hurt me?" I asked, looking at him for once.

"We'll talk about this after lunch," Austin sighed, putting my car in park as we reached our destination. He got out of the car and came to open my door but I had already gotten out. "Seriously?"

I walked into the Japanese restaurant we were eating at and seen Blaire and my mom sitting at the grill.

"Hey mom, hey Blaire," I said, sitting down next to my mom, and Austin sat by Blaire. "I brought this." I pointed to Austin.

"You're always welcome, Austin," my mom laughed.

As we looked at the menu, I heard Austin and Blaire start laughing. I look up and see them poking each other with chopsticks.

"How old are you guys?" My mom asked. They stopped and started laughing.

"So how's work, Brooke?" Mom asked, scanning over the menu.

"The company is doing really well," I said. I hated small talk.

Liked by postmalone, blaire

Liked by postmalone, blaire.rhodes, and 6,001 others
fuckingbrooke much needed lunch w the best people! 🍱
blaire.rhodes i'm so fucking full
username1 Ummmm. Austin posted this same dude on his Insta story but deleted it. 🧐
username2 @username1 i seen that!
fuckingbrooke @blaire.rhodes same bitch
oliverburnham Looks good!
20 minutes ago

After lunch, we went back to my mom's house. Austin and I were in my old room.

"I haven't been in here in years," Austin said, looking at all of my band posters. I was heavy on the Sleeping with Sirens, All Time Low, and Pierce the Veil. My mom told me she would change the room, but I like it. It seems really 'me.'

"Neither have I," I chuckled, laying on my bed. "When I come here, I never stay the night."

"Are you gonna stay tonight?" Austin asked.

"Maybe. I feel like being home could help me somehow," I nodded. He came and laid beside me.

"I'm so sorry this is happening," He said, rubbing his thumb across my face. "I wish I could change it."

"Don't apologize," I closed my eyes, leaning into his embrace. "I know you do."

"You are the most beautiful person I've ever seen," he said, smiling at me. He kissed my forehead.

"That is such a lie," I blushed. He wrapped his arm around my waist and then kissed my cheek.

"I'm not lying. I can't tell you one person I would want to sit and stare at," he laughed. "But you? I could do it all day."

"I love you, Austin," I said, laughing at him. "With my whole heart."

"I love you too," he said. "With all of my heart, and all of yours too."

thank you for 1k reads!!