• thirty •

"So how is everything going?" Oliver asked me as we sat inside a fairly big coffee shop in the heart of LA.

"Amazing, really," I nodded. "Moving here was a huge leap but I think it was in the right direction."

"That's good, I'm glad to hear it," He smiled, sipping his latte.

"What about you? Why are you in LA?" I asked him. I had gotten a frappuccino of course.

"My sister lives here. Did I never tell you that?" He asked.

"No, you didn't! That's cool, so you can come visit me often," I said happily.

"I don't really visit her as much as I should. She's a photographer and has an exhibition tomorrow so my family came to support her," He said. I nodded and looked around the shop.

"I used to be pretty into the photography thing," I said, crossing my legs. "But I knew that I wanted to work in fashion so I kinda drifted away from it."

"You just handle online sales now?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'd like to own my own company some day but I'm not too sure I could do it. That's kinda why I never speak about it," I admitted.

"Hey, don't ever settle. I didn't get into med school, but I'm not okay with just being a nurse. I know I can be a doctor, so I'm going to work until I can," he smiled at me.

"You're right," I said, tapping my plastic cup. "But for now, I'm just gonna see where life takes me. The universe has done a pretty good job getting me where I am now, and I'm really content with it."

"So you and Austin are doing good? No more Ashli drama?" He asked me.

"Yes, thank God. Ashli is a fucking nightmare. I'm glad she hasn't bothered us lately but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if she did," I rolled my eyes.

"I'm seeing someone now, too," He smiled at me.

"Oh, really? That's great! Who is it?" I asked him.

"Oh, you wouldn't know her. She isn't from around Dallas," He said quickly. Okay then.

"Well I'm glad you're happy," I smiled. "And I'm glad we had coffee. It's been nice talking."

"It really has," He smiled at me as we stood up to leave. "I missed you, Brooke."

"I missed you, too!" I hugged him.

"I'll have to come out to LA more so we can hang out," He said.

"Definitely!" I told him.

"Bye, Brooke," he waved and we went our separate ways.

Liked by ashcollins, fuckingbrooke, and 322,738 others postmalone Our girl is getting so big

postmalone Our girl is getting so big. 😍
username1 omg aw!! what's her name?
fuckingbrooke @username1 her name is nala 🦁💛
username2 THAT IS SUCH A CUTE NAME
username1 @fuckingbrooke soooo cute!!
44 minutes ago

"Yeah I think I got one, her soul is presidential like Barack, son," Austin started singing as he stood in the kitchen cooking. "Yeah she call me Goose, I call her Maverick 'cause of Top Gun."

"Oh no, here we go," I sat at the bar with my hands over my face. We always had music playing, but when Austin started singing into the spatula, it was about to get crazy.

"They say we annoying, they just jealous 'cause we got love," Austin said, staring at me. He walked slowly over to me. "Yeah I got a hot one, and she don't want no problem if there's not one. But people come around and try some stupid shit to start one."

"Austin," I groaned as he grabbed my hands and forced me to dance.

"Sing with me, baby!" He said, pulling me out of my chair.

"Yeah I think I got one, and every single little thing about her is so," he pointed at me to sing the next part.

"Overwhelming," we both sang. "Everything about you is so overwhelming. When I think about you it gets overwhelming."

"'Cause everything about you is so overwhelming," he sang as we danced around the kitchen. "Come over here and overwhelm me."

I leaned up to kiss him to stop him from singing the next verse. Of course Austin could sing but not when he gets in these moods.

"You don't like my singing?" He gasped, placing a hand over his heart dramatically.

"I love your singing," I laughed at him.

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes and then kissed me before turning back around and cooking.

I couldn't help but think about us singing and dancing around the house... But with a kid there. It made my heart full to think about having a kid that was a daddy's girl or a boy that looked up to Austin in everything he does.

And for a second, I was upset the test said negative. I know I'm not ready. I know Austin isn't ready. But wow, does it sound amazing.

I snapped back to reality as a plate was placed in front of me.

"Thank you," I said to Austin quietly.

"You're welcome," he said, looking at me as he sat down. "Everything alright?"

"I'm okay," I gave him a small smile and started eating.

"No you're not. So when you're ready to talk about whatever it is that's bothering you, I'll be waiting," he said, holding my hand across the table. "I don't want you to go through anything alone."

"Babe, I'm really okay," I chuckled as I took any other bite. "But thank you."

"Just making sure," he smiled. He fed Nala some of the meat he had on his plate and I laughed as she gobbled it down.

I do love my little family. And they're enough for me right now. I just need to keep that in my mind.

a/n: i know the past few chapters have been kinda sucky but i'm gonna spice things up soon!! prepare yourselves. ;-)