• eighteen •

I went home after hanging out with Oliver for a while. We went for a walk and talked about a little bit of everything. Talking to someone that didn't know anything about my life was quite comforting. We exchanged numbers and I drove home. On the way home, I cried and cried.

When I got to my apartment, I threw my keys in a bowl that was on a table beside the door. When I walked into my living room, Austin was sitting on my couch. I just stared at him.

"We obviously need to talk," he said, standing up.

"Yeah, obviously," I said, wiping tears that were still there.

"I am so sorry, Brooke," Austin said, hugging me.

"I know you didn't do this on purpose, but it's still happening and I don't think you understand how I feel," I said, putting my head on his chest.

"I promise you, everything is going to be fine," he said, playing with my hair.

"No, it's not. You can't act like it will be," I said, pulling away from him. "I know this is the end for us. You need to be there for your child."

"I'm so sorry, Brooke," Austin said. "But you're right, I have to be there for her. What kind of person would I be if I didn't try?"

"You wouldn't be Austin," I nodded. "I understand you needing to do this. I just don't understand why this happened to me."

"I'll talk to you soon," Austin said, kissing my cheek.

"Maybe it's better if you don't," I sniffled. He just looked at me and walked out of the door.

This is it.

Liked by postmalone, oliverburnham, and 7,003 others fuckingbrooke you really know how to make me cry when you give me those ocean eyes username1 i'm so sorry about what happened brooke :( stay strong babes fuckingbrooke @username1 it'll all work out

fuckingbrooke you really know how to make me cry when you give me those ocean eyes
username1 i'm so sorry about what happened brooke :( stay strong babes
fuckingbrooke @username1 it'll all work out. thanks love.
username2 I was so happy for you and Post. I'm so sorry 😩
25 minutes ago

It had been two weeks since I've talked to Austin. Oliver and I had been hanging out a lot. He really gets my mind off of things. It's nice to have a friend in times like this. Sure, I have Gia and Blaire but Gia has her own life and Blaire is younger and busy with all of her senior stuff. I don't want to slow her down.

"What kind did you get?" Oliver asked me, licking his ice cream cone.

"It's got like brownie and cookie dough pieces in it," I said. "What about you?"

"Mine is cotton candy," he said. I nodded and continued eating my ice cream.

Liked by oliverburnham, ashcollins, and 4,500 others fuckingbrooke sorry for double posting today but i just want to thank this guy for keeping my mind off of things

fuckingbrooke sorry for double posting today but i just want to thank this guy for keeping my mind off of things. thanks for being such a good friend with awesome mini-adventures, oli. 😇
oliverburnham anything for the not okay girl. 😂 you're the best.
username1 Glad you're doing better!
username2 Already moved on from Austin? You're pathetic.
19 minutes ago

Oliver dropped me off at my apartment and I went inside, jumping into my bed. Oliver was good at taking my mind off of things but as soon as I was alone, the thoughts flooded back into my mind. My phone lit up with a notification that I had gotten a message. From Austin. I hadn't heard from him since that night.

austin: Who is Oliver?
brooke🧡: my friend. why do you even care
austin: Because I haven't gotten over you, so I don't understand how you can get over me that quick. It's been two weeks.
brooke🧡: i'm not over you austin. what the fuck?? i met oliver the night of blaire's party. i don't have anyone right now. so you don't get to tell me that i can't hang out with him.
austin: I'm not telling you that you can't hang out with him. I'm just saying that it hurts.
brooke🧡: oh but it doesn't hurt me that the guy i'm in love with was my boyfriend one minute and then back with the mother of his baby the next.
austin: I'm going to figure this out B. Please just bear with me.
brooke🧡: ashli is a leech. even if you figure this out, she's gonna come right back and try to ruin me.
austin: How many times can I say I'm sorry?
brooke🧡: sorry doesn't bring you back to me. does it?

He didn't respond. I expected it. I took off my pants and laid in my bed. I looked through some comments on both of the pictures I posted on Instagram today. On the picture of me, people were consoling me and asking if I were okay. They were telling me they were sorry and hope I'm doing fine. On the picture of Oliver, I was getting threats and people asking me how I could do this to Austin. I just wanted to go to sleep and not wake up until this nightmare was over.

a/n: i hated this chapter. lord, i suck at writing sometimes. oh well. it'll get better. :-)