• thirty eight •

Austin and I were currently sitting on his patio, listening to music and watching cars go by. It brought me peace.

"Do you ever try so hard to live in the moment that it seems to pass by even faster?" I asked Austin, taking a sip of my coffee.

"What do you mean exactly?" Austin asked me, sipping his Bud Light and then holding it in his lap.

"I'm trying so hard to slow down time and enjoy these moments with you. The moments where it's just us," I sighed. "I am so ready for the baby, please don't take it the wrong way. It's just that I don't think I've had enough time to enjoy us being together. I'm selfish."

Austin got up and kneeled in front of me, holding my hand and rubbing my thigh with the other.

"Baby or not, I love you so very much," He told me. "That won't ever change. I promise. Don't try to slow down time. The greatest memory of our life is about to happen."

"I know, Austin," I leaned up and pressed my lips to his forehead. "I can't wait to experience it with you."

Liked by postmalone, oliverburnham, and 9,672 others fuckingbrooke the baby bump is coming along nicely

fuckingbrooke the baby bump is coming along nicely. 🧜🏻‍♀️🧜🏻‍♂️
thatgoodhood have y'all figured out the gender yet??? i'm soooo excited!!
postmalone GOOD GOD.😍 WOW. OH FUCK.
username1 ABSOLUTE FUCKING GOALS ^
postmalone @thatgoodhood Our families know but we don't. We should find out soon!
21 minutes ago

Austin and I had just got back home to Texas. It seemed we flew home a lot lately, but I didn't mind. I loved seeing my family. It made me so happy. But this time, it was for our gender reveal party. I was beyond excited to find out what baby Post was going to be.

"Holy shit, you're showing," Blaire said as we stood in mom's backyard. "I can't believe it."

"I know, it's halfway over and I feel like it's going by so fast," I sighed. Austin walked up to me with a beer in his hand and slid his arm around my waist, pulling me towards him and kissing my cheek.

"Hey, babe," I said to him. He smiled at me and let Blaire continue talking.

"I can't wait for you guys to find out what it is," Blaire clapped. "It's definitely what I was hoping for."

We laughed at her as she walked away.

"What do you hope it is?" Austin asked me, facing me now.

"A boy," I smiled. "I want him to be exactly like you. Nothing different."

"Well, the face tattoos will not be happening," Austin joked. I hit his chest as he laughed.

"No, never," I laughed with him.

"Okay, everyone! Time for the reveal!" My aunt clapped her hands together as she stood in the middle of the big backyard.

Austin and I walked over to a box that was hanging in the tree that rested against the back of the yard. I was so anxious and ready to find out what my baby will be. Our baby.

Everyone gathered around, looking happy. Austin's family, my family. Everything looked perfect.

"Okay, whenever you're ready," Austin's cousin said. We both put our hands on the string that would open it. I looked at Austin.

"One, two, three!" We counted. Balloons and confetti of one color fell out. I didn't pay attention to if it were blue or pink. I seen an unfamiliar figure standing in the front of the yard, trying not to be recognized. However, I knew exactly who it was.

"Baby!! It's a-," Austin stopped when he seen me staring. Everyone was clapping and shouting, excited. But I didn't care right now. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to say. I walked across the yard and everyone looked at me.

"Hi, Brooke," a somewhat familiar voice said to me as I approached him.

"Dad," I breathed. "Wh-Why are you here?"

"Jason, leave," my mom walked up behind me.

"Nice to see you too, Rose," he spoke to my mom.

"Why are you here?" I asked him, my voice trembling.

"I tried so hard to stay away, sweet pea," my dad said to me. "But when I heard your aunt talking about your gender reveal today, something told me I had to come."

"We haven't seen you in four years," Blaire stepped in and said, choking back tears. "You left all three of us. Dad, I looked up to you so much. I loved you with my whole heart. And you left. Why didn't you call? Or text? Or come by?"

"Blaire, honey, it's so much more complicated than that," He said. I rubbed Blaire's arm as she cried. I looked around and everyone had flocked inside.

"No, nothing is complicated enough to not contact your kids," she said. Mom, Austin, and I just stood there.

"I'll leave," Our dad said, shoving his hands into his jean pockets. "Congrats, Brooke. Austin."

"Thank you, sir," Austin nodded and he turned to walk away

"Dad, wait," I stopped him. Mom and Blaire looked at me with anger.

"Yeah, sweet pea?" He asked, looking at me.

"Thank you for stopping by," I nodded at him. He gave me a small smile and turned back around, walking through the gate to the front.

"It's okay, baby," Mom rubbed Blaire's back as she hugged her. "He's not coming back."

a/n: my bff miranda is reading this so say HI TO HER !!!!

her @ is thatgoodhood !!!!

this chapter sucks btw ew idk ???