First Session

We walk into the office and I'm met with a warm smile from Dr Namjoon. He didn't seem unfazed by the incident from earlier or startled by my presence. He was sitting at his hardwood desk, working on paperwork, probably working on my prescriptions and writing down very little information about myself. 

"Hello Miss Y/N. We meet again. You may take a seat. Thank you for escorting Miss Y/N Jin." he bows his head and smiles.

"You're welcome Dr Namjoon." He bows and exit the office.

I hesitated before taking my seat, my anxiety is sky rocketing but somehow the warm and softness of the chair helped calmed me down a little. 

"How are you feeling this afternoon? Feeling any better?" he says in a gentle tone.

I nod my head yes.

"I know this is all overwhelming and new but you're in good hands. Before we get into details, let me tell you a little about myself, just so you'll feel a bit more comfortable with me. Is that OK Miss Y/N?" 

I nod my head in approval.

"I was born and raised in South Korea to two loving parents. I speak Korean and English fluently, I learned English by watching American TV with my mother growing up. I have a love and passion for music and poetry so that's why you see on the walls there's pictures of famous poets and musicians. At first I wanted to work in the music industry but I wanted to help people. Now that you know a little about me, can you tell me a bit about yourself" he ask out of curiosity.

"I honestly don't..know where..to start but..I'll try"

"Of course! Trying is always a big step. Don't feel intimidated by me, Miss Y/N"

I took a deep breath and exhaled and I could feel the anxiety slightly melt away before I started talking. "Ok, I was born and raised in California. My mother raised me and my older brother on her own. I like poetry and music too. I liked to dance when I was a child but grew out of it. I don't really know what I want to do in terms of career. I guess that's it" I nervously stare at the floor.

"It's OK. There's no time limit when it comes to finding your passion in life. We're off on a great start aren't we?" he gives me a gentle smile. So what I'm going to do is ask you a few questions and I'm going to measure your height and weight and get you started on some prescriptions to take starting this afternoon. Is that alright?"

"I guess that's fine" I shrug

"Alright then" He pushes his hair back a little and  opens the drawer in front of him. He takes out a yellow folder, that had my name on it, takes out a white paper that had a series of questions on it and a few pictures. He grabs his clipboard and  tells me to step on the scale that was on the right side of the room. I get up and he motions his hand to signal me to walk to the scale. I step on the scale and he measures my height while the scale does the calculates my weight.

"Your weight is 155 and height is 5'1. You may step down."

I walk back to my seat as Dr Namjoon takes his and grabs the paperwork and puts them on another clipboard.

Alright, before I start I want you to answer each question the best way possible. If any of the questions or images bother you, please feel free let me know. Understand Miss Y/N?"

"Yes"

"First question, what comes to your mind when I say the color green?"

" Ugh grass."

"Ok, next question. What domes to your mind when I say island?"

"Umm. Hawaii or the Bahamas"?

"Ok, good. Now my next question, what are your fears"?