Promise Ring

I was feeling anxious as I walked down the bright white walls that lead to the visitors room. My legs were moving at a slow pace and my heart raced as I clutched a handful of letters in my hands. All I could think about was Lisa's face when she finally sees me. Will she forget who I am? Will she act like everything is all normal? I pondered at those thoughts. I won't find any answers until I visit her.

There was a small window on the wall with a sign that said "Visitor's Room" on it. I took a peek through the window and a man about in his mid thirties with think black glasses, appeared right before my eyes.

"Yes. Can I help you miss?" The man with a gentle tone.

"Uh yes. I'm here to visit someone" I stammered

"Are you a patient as well miss"

"Yes"

"What is your name miss?" Taking out a sheet that had visitor's stickers on them

"Y/N"

He takes out a black marker and jots down my name on the sticker. "What is the name of the patient you're visiting today?" Rolling out his keyboard from underneath the desk.

Clearing my throat I respond "Her name is Lisa"

His fingers pressed firmly and fast on the keyboard as he looked at the computer screen. "Ah. Lisa. A gentle soul. She's been dying to have someone visit her lately"

"Really? I though she would have people coming to see her." I say with surprise

He rips out the sticker from the sheet of paper and hands it to me "Only two patients from here last week and one from outside of this facility stopped by almost a month ago."

I place the sticker on the right side of my chest. I checked to make sure that it was visible just in case I get stopped by one of the guards. 

"Since you're someone I've never seen before here are a few rules. No outside food or drinks are allowed in the visitors room. Patients are not allowed to bring visitors to their rooms. Since we don't allow electronics here no cellphones or cameras are allowed. Understood miss Y/N?"

"Yes. Understood" 

"Once you hear the door click you may enter. You'll see some tables and desks. Please have a seat and she'll be right out" 

"Thank you sir" I say politely. I head to the door and waited for the door to click.

Momentarily, it clicks and I open the door and let myself in. The room was spacious. Enough to fit at least 25 people. Inside were about fie guards and patients seated with their friends and loved ones talking quietly among one another. I found a seat near the giant glass window that showed the back of the facility. I stared out the windows, looking at the trees as they waved against the light winds. The faint sounds of the wind blowing against the glass window had make me fall into another flashback. My mind teleported me to me sitting on the bench at park in front of my school. I was wearing a floral pink and white dress with matching shoes. My legs swayed back and forth on the seat as I sat alone with my hands folded on my lap. The petals of the flowers had fallen on my head and collected on my feet. 

I was only seventeen. I was crying silently alone. I heard footsteps come from behind me and felt a small tap on my shoulder.

"Hey Y/N" A deep but soft voice whispered behind me

I turned around to the familiar voice "Oh. It's you Jaebum" Wiping my tears with my bare hands.

"What are you doing alone here?" He takes a seat next me. He leans forward, tilting his head in my direction "You're crying again. Did something happen with your mom and dad again?"