First Day

Jin and I finally arrived to the room that I'm sharing with Lisa and I was already feeling at ease. We stopped in front of the door and Jin took out his keys to our room and opened it for me. I walk in and Lisa is on the bed writing in a cute, light blue notebook. She looks up at me and smiles with delight, a smile that practically lit up the room, and runs to hug me and I almost fall in the process.

"Glad you made it back! I got a notebook for you. I didn't know what color you like so I picked out a yellow one. I hope it's OK!" 

"Yes, I'm fine now"

Jin suddenly interrupts me and says something to me, while he's still standing in the doorway.

"Just a few pointers, one, when any patient have an appointment to see their psychologist or doctor, me or any of the guards have to escort each patient to their doctors, two, each patient are also escorted to all mandatory workshops, meal breaks and any outdoor activities. Everyone all together have to take breakfast, lunch and dinner at the same hour. No one is allowed to leave the cafeteria until everyone is finished. But other than that, this place is decent so there should be no worries." He gives me a warm smile and a wink and I instantly felt relieved and my worries were slowly fading.

"One more thing I forgot to mention, you can leave anytime to watch TV in the lobby but it's a first come first served.  TV is opened from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.  If any patient is caught fighting over the TV, it will result in disciplinary action and no one gets to watch TV. Everyone must stay in their rooms until the disciplinary action is cleared. Curfew is 10:00pm Monday thru Friday, the weekend are your free days to do anything you'd like such as visitations"

It was all overwhelming that I could barely take in all of the information but I wanted to follow all directions in order to have a speedy recovery.

"Alright, it's almost time for curfew so get ready to go to bed. When the time hits 10:00 pm, everyone must be in their rooms. If there's any emergency after curfew there's a buzzer on the left corner of each patients door."

I stand there nodding my head and caressing my arms, unsure of how I will survive being in this place. All I can think of is how I wish I can go back to the days when I didn't have to worry about curfew, medications, and rules. But this is something that I have to do.

"Alright, once I leave the doors will be locked. You two have a goodnight" He smiles and closes the door and I hear a click afterwards. I walked to my bed and sat there for a moment. Lisa walks to me and sits down next to me and puts an arm around y shoulder.

"You're pajamas are in the dresser so you can get dressed." She points at the dresser in front of me. Her face suddenly changes into a worried one.

"It could be worse. But here we are, we're in safe place. At least there's food, water, and a clean place to sleep and shower. If you need anything, let me know, OK?"

"Thank you Lisa, if it weren't for you I wouldn't be here right now. I don't know but you have an aura that calms me down. I hope that whatever memories that's trying to come out will give me some types of closer so I can move on." I sigh deeply and get up from the bed and pick out the pajamas from the dresser. I head to the bathroom, took a shower, brushed my teeth, put on my pajamas. I come out of the bathroom, feeling light and fresh and couldn't wait to lay down on my comfortable bed. I got on the bed and pulled the thick blankets over me and I shiver with delight with how warm and cozy the bed is. Lisa turns off the lamp,next to her and lays down in her bed and face towards me.

"I really hope everything turns out OK for you on your first week here. It gets better, just have to adjust to a new environment. You'll be fine!" Lisa smiles