The Checkup

Its been about three days since the flashback. The image placed in my mind like a movie only the movie never ended. I was waking up every half an hour, tossed and turned, and nothing seemed to make any sense. It was 1:00 am and I decided to go to the restroom to rinse my face to clear my mind. I stared at the mirror. All I saw was me...pale as a ghost, baggy eyes, sunken skin and  gloss eyes. My head started to hurt the more I stared so I looked down on the sink. I felt a chill go up my spine, goosebumps formed all over m body, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I looked behind me but no one was there. Why would anyone be here? Lisa is asleep so it's just me in here. I took a deep breathe and let it out slowly and turned my attention back to the mirror. The unknown man popped up in front of me and I gasp and fall flat onto the floor. 

He just stood there staring at me..menacingly with a devilish grin across his face. He slowly approaches me each step making me push myself back until I hit the back off the tub. I was shaking with fear, grabbing on to the edge of the tub for dear life. He leans down and places his index fingers on my lips, shushing me, grinning at me like a monster who found its prey. 

"I told you, you can't escape from me. You're mine and always will be" He says in a low voice.

"He-h-help me! Someone help me!" I scream as I fight off the unknown man who was now holding one of my arms and using his other hand to cover my mouth. Tears were flowing out of my eyes, my lungs lacked in oxygen. This was real. Who is he and how did he find me!? I close my eyes waiting for whatever was coming to me.

The door to the bathroom opened and Lisa shouts my name rapidly. My eyes were still closed as I continued to scream, waving my hands hysterically. She drops to the floor and starts to shake me harshly, yelling "Y/N! It's OK! Stop! Snap out of it!" 

"No please! Stop! Let me go! Please don't hurt me!"

"Y/N! Listen to me! You're in a safe place! Listen to my voice!"

"No! Stop hurting me please I'm begging you!"

"Listen to me! No one is hurting you! Take deep breathes and let it out slowly."

I can suddenly hear Lisa's voice echoing in my head. I'm slowly being taken away fro that dark place and  I open my eyes and I take a look at my surroundings. I'm back in our bathroom, my whole body and face shimmered with sweat, my heavy breathing starts to calm down. I look up at Lisa, who was holding my hand, confused as to what happened but glad she was here. 

"What happened? You were screaming so loud you woke me up."

"I-I-I don't know. I couldn't sleep so I went to the bathroom to rinse my face...then I blacked out."

"Are you sure you're OK? Do you need help getting up?"

"Yeah" Lisa grabs me under my arm and helps me up. "Thank you" I say out of breath

"You're welcome. Has this been happening to you just now?"

"Well it's hard to explain" I say as I rub my forehead to lessen the tension that was forming on my head

"You're appointment with Dr Namjoon is today, right? Gives you a chance to tell him what's been happening" She says as we head back into the room and sets e down on y bed.

I sit up on the bed and grab a pillow behind me and hug it "It is. I have a 15 minute appointment with him at 10:00am and hour at 6:00pm. I don't know why I'm feeling nervous all of a sudden" 

Lisa leans on me and gently pats me on the back "Trust me. Even the smallest detail can help you figure out what's going on" She looks at the time on the dresser, yawns and stretches out her body. "I should get some sleep. You think you'll be able to go to sleep tonight?"