That Can't Be Her

Namjoon's POV(Past)

Today was an ordinary day at the hospital. I've booked booked for appointments with 15 patients today and had to get myself ready for the day. The hospital was no too far away from where I live so if anything ever happened to my patients I was just a drive away. The morning as usual was moderate; coffee in my hand, a novel on music and poetry, and paperwork for todays' psychology session.

I arrived to the front of the hospital and walked down the beautifully patterned pathway to the door and entered. I stopped by doctor Taehyung's office to have a quick talk before my first intake on my new patient. 

"Morning, doctor Taehyung. Having a pleasant morning?" I greet him warmly

He looks up from his computer, giving me his box smile as he took off his glasses "Morning to you doctor Namjoon. I'm having a pleasant morning, just catching up on some paperwork and doing a quick read on sea animals" He smirks at me. His eyes then traces down to the book I held in my had "I see you're still reading that book, huh?" He huffs a chuckle

I sit down on one of his beautiful furnished couches, taking a sip of my coffee in my hand "It's going well. I just can't seem to take my eyes off of this book. It's very intricate and detailed. I've had this book for only two months and read all of it and I already wish I discovered it again." I chuckle to myself.

"You're a man with great taste. I'm surprised you're not an English or Music professor. You're quite a good writer and you do make very good poetry. Even your patients enjoy your workshops" Taehyung says as he pushes himself away from his desk and leans back on his chair.

"It amazes me how they're able to express their pain without relying on unhealthy choices" I smile to myself, enjoying the though "How's it been for you, Taehyung?"

"Hmm. It's going well. You know every patient is different but also are suffering the same pain. I just wish they could reach deeper into themselves and find and love who they are. Being human is a difficult job." He chuckles "

 Helping people has always been my passion. It's been like this since..." I felt my heart twisting in pain at the memory that passed through me

Taehyung sits himself up, folds his hands on the desk, as he studies my now upset face "Since, Mina...I know. I can't say I understand your pain but you'll have to move on eventually." 

"It's been almost two years. Even though I'm a psychologist myself, I still need help coping" I say as I get up from the couch, preparing to head out the office.

Taehyung stops me as I'm about to turn to the door "Namjoon...if you keep caring that ring in your hand...it will never do anything to heal the broken heart" Taehyung says lowly.

I sigh in response, trying to bring a smile to my face "Well, I have to get myself ready for my first intake. I'll see you later, doctor" I say as I leave his office and head upstairs to my office. 

I sat down, logged onto my computer as I took out a file that has the name, gender and age of my new intake. I matched the info on paper and applied them to a file on the computer. I responded to several emails and set up future appointments and meetings on the computer. As I was doing this, I tried to shake off the previous thought of Taehyung's advice about letting the heart heal. But memories of Mina started playing in my head, causing me to lose track of what I was doing. My mind wouldn't let me go and I held onto the ring that was still in my hand, trying to bring myself back to the present. My mind went back to normal when I hear a knock on the door and I continued to finish what  was doing before I told them to come in.

I see a beautiful young woman, with soft, long brown hair, luscious plump light pink lips, with beautiful eyes that looked like diamonds. My heart started to beat at the sight of her, she was like a woman that jump straight out of a portrait. Her beauty was blanketed by her scared, weak and fragile state that made me feel for her same pain and I wanted to do my best to comfort her ans make her feel welcomed.

"Thank you gentlemen. Please have a seat Miss Y/N" I say in a welcoming tone.

Jin went outside and stood in front of the door while the assistant stayed in with us. My patient looked so hesitant to sit down at first and looked around before taking the seat before me.

"Hello Miss. I'm your psychiatrist Dr. Namjoon. I know you feel uneasy and mostly likely scared and confused but don't worry, you're in good hands" I say giving her a warm smile. 

She didn't say anything and just sat there looking around the room that seemed to overwhelm her.

"Can you tell me your name?" I say sweetly

"It's...it's Y/N" She says in a slightly breathy tone

"That's a beautiful name Miss Y/N." I smile sweetly to her "Do you remember anything before coming to this hospital? Do you know how you got here or remember how you got here Miss Y/N?"

She shook her head no.  I can tell anxiety and fear was rising just by her fidgeting in the chair

"Do you remember the last person you met or spoke to before anything happened"

Again she shakes her aggressively no. "You can speak if you want Miss Y/N but I can assure you, nothing bad will happen to you. I promise. You are safe. As soon as you receive treatment you'll be back to normal in no time "

I could tell she was becoming more afraid  and desperately I wanted to get out and run away from this place "Miss Y/N please calm down. Everything is going to be fine!

"No! I want to get out of here! Leave me alone! Why am I here!?" She screams

"It's OK. I just need you to calm down!" I say to her in a concerned voice and motion the assistant to get the sedative.

It all happened so fast when I hear a her first scream as she gets up from her seat. 

"Get away from me! Don't touch me!" She waves her arms and kicks her legs frantically, as I slowly approach her.

The assistant grabs both her arms and is about to give her the shot but is suddenly kicked in the leg and ran out the door. All I could hear were her panicking screams and cries. It was something I was already used with my new patients but for some reason I just couldn't take it as I'm left in the office, shocked and in pain....

She looked like...Mina....I must be imagining things, that can't be her.