Why Did I Run Away?

It was like being struck by a heart shaped arrow and I instantly felt a sense of what love is. Never in my life I thought Namjoon, a man who risks his own life to help his patients, a man with so much intelligent, would even think to make such a move on me. It wasn't a dream. It was real. It was overwhelming. But this is wrong. A doctor kissing his very own patient? No...this isn't right!

I shoved Namjoon hard against his chest and pushed him off of me. He stumbles a bit but catches his balance. His startled expression was enough to make me feel regretful for pushing him away like that. 

"Y/N don't you love me? Why are you pushing me away?"

"I'm s-s-sorry...This...is wrong!"

"Y/N...I shouldn't have done that...I don't know what came over me...I-I'm so sorry" His tone of voice sounded so heartbroken. He suddenly shouts, "You mean the world to me! Even if it is wrong, I'm not wrong for falling in love with you! Don't run away from me!"

"Why am I so special to you!? W-what is it about me that draws me to you?"

The room suddenly turns black. The lights in the room had turned off and a strong wind blew through the windows. The sky outside had turned dark, no sign of light. I shiver not just from the gusty winds but from from fear of what was going on. I felt my lungs collapse and I was unable to speak. The room was closing in on me, feeling trapped, with nowhere else to go. 

Namjoon's eyes suddenly became dark; dark as black pearls but turned red within seconds. I stumbled away from him, fearing for my life as he approached me with an evil wide grin and his appearance had changed into a figure of a bloodthirsty demon. 

"Special?" He laughs menacingly. "What makes you think you're so special? No on will love you. You can never replace me!"

I tried to scream but nothing could come out. I ran for the door and opened it only for it to slam shut and lock. I tried to scream for help but still no sound would come out of me. Even my fearful sobs were silent. I crouched down, pleading for my life, as he continued to make spew hurtful, threatening words at me like flying bullets. 

A picture of my once happily married parents had flew towards me and landed at my foot. The image of my parents started speaking and I gasp in fear.

My mothers eyes shredded with tears telling me to "Leave! Run before it's too late!"

My father's charming smile had turned into an evil one and points directly at me "You're weak just like your mother! That boy doesn't love you! You're nothing special"

Those words hit my like shards of glass. As soon as I went to grab it, it disintegrated and the ashes vanished into thin air.

"M-mom...D-dad..." I stuttered. 

The demon approaches, holding a ring in his hands. His demon appearance changes into the first person I've ever loved; JB. The room turns bright and I'm surrounded by bright green grass and flowers, benches, and a giant pond in the distance. I was dressed in a light pink floral dress and stood beside was JB, wearing dark blue colored blue jeans and a crisp white T shirt, his hair black and just at the shoulder. 

He gets down on one knee and holds out a ring. "Y/N will you marry me?"

I froze. My eyes well up with tears. Fear had overwhelmed me again. JB's eyes me with confusion and sadness. He reaches out, begging me to come back. That last sentence echoed over and over again until I wake up in cold sweat across my face. I checked my surroundings only to realize that I was in my room the whole time. That whole dream was just a nightmare. Far more worst than the other ones I've had. It was still very dark out and it was only 2am. The adrenaline rushed through me, causing me to now be fully awake. I was too afraid to go back to sleep. 

I went to the bathroom to wash my face. I was as pale as a ghost. I dried my face, left the bathroom and got myself a small bottle of water, that I got from the cafeteria earlier that day. Before I could forget, I wrote down what I remembered and spent the remaining hours writing and reading. 

The nightmare was still fresh in my mind but it was so hard for me to write without crying. For some reason, this nightmare had hidden symbols and hints of what lead me to the live I'm living now. Why did my mom tell me to run? What was there to run from? Why did my dad compare me to my mother? What lead them to their unhappy and violent marriage? Most importantly....

"Why did I run away from JB when he proposed to me? Did I ever actually marry him?..."