/1/

"Hey, Yugs."

Yugyeom turned around in his bed for the millionth time that night to face his obnoxious best friend, Bambam.

"What?", Yugyeom whispered back harshly. Bambam was seemingly uneffected, the smug look on his face visible even in the dark room.

"We have to go to a party in highschool."

Yugyeom sighed, turning around in his bed, once again, to face the wall. "I thought it might be important for once."

Yugyeom felt something thud him in the back that he guessed was Bambam's foot. "It is important!"

"Go to sleep", Yugyeom mumbled. He opened a single eye to check the time. The digital clock next to his bed read 4:37 am.

"And I'm not talking a birthday party. I'm talking drugs, beer, music so loud you can't even hear yourself think; the works!"

Yugyeom stayed silent, pretending he had fallen asleep. Then, he felt a certain boy fall on top of him, his mouth right next to Yugyeom's ear.

"Middle-finger promise me you'll go to a real highschool party with me", the boy whispered, his breath hot in Yugyeom's ear.

Yugyeom gagged, pushing Bambam off of him and onto the floor. He wiped the moisture out of his ear. "You're nasty, Bambam."

Bambam replied by sticking his middle-finger out, waiting for Yugyeom to take it in his own. "Middle-finger promise me or I'll put your hand in water while you're sleeping."

"That doesn't work, you idiot."

"I'll scream so loud the entire neighbourhood wakes up."

"Oh my god, fine."

Yugyeom connected his middle-finger to Bambam's, rolling his eyes when it was finished and quickly laying back down in his bed.

"You're a fucking idiot, Kunpimook Bhuwakul."

/

That's how it worked with Kim Yugyeom and his best friend Bambam.

Bambam was reckless, and Yugyeom kept him under control. That's how it had always been, ever since 7th grade when they met.

Bambam was skinny. He'd been moved from foster home to foster home, never staying in one place for too long. He gave himself stick and pokes and dyed his hair himself. He didn't care what people thought of him. He didn't care about anything.

Until Yugyeom.

Yugyeom was tall. He lived in a nice house, with nice parents and an older brother named Mark. He liked to dance, and was responsible, and got pretty good grades. He didn't have any friends.

Until Bambam.

Seventh grade. They had Math together. Bambam threw a pencil at Yugyeom's head the first day and when Yugyeom demanded an apology, they almost started an all-out fight.

They sat next to eachother in the Principal's office. Yugyeom was on the verge of tears. He'd never been sent to the Principal's office before. Bambam had asked what was wrong, Yugyeom had sworn for the first time in his life, telling Bambam to 'go fuck himself'.

Bambam's eyes had widened. Then he laughed. He laughed some more. Then he fell on the ground laughing and Yugyeom started crying and yelling at Bambam to shut up.

The next day, Bambam placed a snickers bar on Yugyeom's desk. It was an obvious peace-offering. And even though Yugyeom was pissed that the tiny asshole had done what he did in the first place...

He still forgave him.

/

"Highschool."

Yugyeom turned to look at Bambam, who was holding his hands up the same way as the 'aliens' guy. They were in Yugyeom's kitchen. Bambam wanted cookies so Yugyeom had said "let's go make some", but Yugyeom was the only one actually working. Bambam had poured the salt in because he really, really wanted to, but that was about it.

"Shut up."

Bambam frowned. He got up and moved to stand behind Yugyeom, resting his chin on the taller boy's shoulder. "Why are you so mean all the time?"

Yugyeom turned his head to look at Bambam. His face was inches away, but one thing Yugyeom had learned from 3 years, was that 'personal space' and 'Bambam' didn't go together.

"I'm not going to give you any of these cookies if you don't start helping."

Bambam snorted. "You said that last time but I still got some."

"Remember pasta night?"

"That was cruel."

"Exactly", Yugyeom replied, turning back around to his bowl of cookie dough. "Go start the oven for me."

Bambam huffed and did as he was told. After that, he jumped up on the counter, pulling his phone out and playing a game. Yugyeom finished the cookie dough and spread it out on a cookie sheet, putting it in the oven and setting the timer.

He brushed his hands together happily. "Alright, now we wait."

He turned to Bambam. "So, what were you saying about highschool?"

Bambam lifted his head, turning off his phone and shoving it in his back pocket. He grinned. "Remember our middle-finger promise?"

Yugyeom scrunched his nose, thinking back to all the middle-finger promises they had made. He vaguely remembered one from one of their seventh grade sleepovers that had been about highschool. "The one about highschool parties?"

"Yeah, that one! We're almost in highschool, and you know what that means.."

Yugyeom scoffed. "Seriously? Who do you think is going to invite us to a party?"

It was true. Yugyeom and Bambam were very obviously losers at their school. They didn't have any other friends except eachother. They weren't bullied, it was just them.

Yugyeom was never good at interacting with people. He tended to get unnecessarily defensive and rude. The only reason Bambam was able to deal with him was that he was used to people being mean to him.

Bambam was...well, he was Bambam. He wasn't very nice to people either. He was snarky and immature. He was scary to most of the kids at their school. They lived in a rich neighborhood, so most kids were used to more civilized people. Bambam was the opposite of civilized. Yugyeom only dealt with him because he had to.

"Man, highschool will be different! Trust me. We're gonna have, like, a whole gang, or something", Bambam replied. Yugyeom rolled his eyes, something he did a lot when he was around Bambam.

"You're a fucking idiot, Kunpimook Bhuwakul."

authors note:

hmmmMmm

we got some more yugbam i see. this wasn't the one that got the most votes but it was second and i really wanted to write this one so...

it's also a complete switch of personalities and gonna be completely different from romeo and juliet. get ready for crude humour and angst, my friends!

anyway, thanks and bye