/29/

"Oh my god, I fucking love peanut butter."

Bambam lifted his head from his sandwich to give Yugyeom a strange look. They were sitting on the counters of Yugyeom's kitchen, eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Well, Bambam was. Yugyeom was eating peanut butter straight out of the jar.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"Eating peanut butter?"

Bambam shook his head, laughing to himself. "That's fucking nasty."

Yugyeom hopped down from his spot, moving towards the smaller boy. "No, it's not. It's good."

He positioned himself between Bambam's legs, grinning up at him. Bambam laughed and used a finger to wipe a bit of peanut butter off of Yugyeom's lips.

Yugyeom moved Bambam's finger away, leaning up to kiss him. Bambam was smiling all throughout the kiss, his hands on the taller boy's shoulders.

"Hey, you might not want to make-out in the kitchen. Mom and Dad are going to be home soon."

Yugyeom rolled his eyes, pulling apart from Bambam. Mark was leaning on the wall a few feet away, giving them a knowing look.

"Thanks for the heads-up."

Mark grinned. "No problem. You guys want to help me carry this stuff to the car?"

Bambam leaned back on the counter, blowing a strand of his now red hair out of his face. "Not really."

"Too bad."

Mark threw a pillow in Bambam's direction and the younger boy caught it easily, grinning. He jumped off the counter and the two boys headed over to Mark.

He handed them two boxes and they helped him carry them out to his car. Yugyeom stopped, staring at the packed car and pouting.

"What? Are you going to miss me?", Mark asked, slinging an arm around his shoulders comfortingly. Yugyeom simply nodded.

"I'll be back to visit, don't worry", Mark assured him.

"Yeah, I know...", Yugyeom answered. He glanced back at Bambam who was standing behind them awkwardly. He gestured for him to join them and he slowly slinked forward, linking his fingers with Yugyeom's.

Mark smiled, moving away from the two and towards his car. "You don't need me anyway, you have Bambam."

"Yeah, and you'll have Jackson with you in China, right?", Bambam asked, smiling cockily. Mark's face turned red and he looked at the ground, biting his lip nervously.

The two boys laughed. "Seriously, though, good luck with him", Bambam said, smiling at the older boy. Mark smiled back nervously.

"Well, I've got to go before they get here", Mark said, opening the car door. Both he and Yugyeom had been avoiding their parents for weeks, refusing to forgive either of them. It wasn't very hard since their parents were almost never home anyway.

"We'll miss you, Mark!", Bambam exclaimed, waving obnoxiously. Mark rolled his eyes, trying not to laugh.

"Bye Mark", Yugyeom said sincerely, meeting his brother's eyes. Mark gestured for Yugyeom to come to him and the younger boy rushed forward. Mark wrapped him in a tight hug while Yugyeom buried his face in his older brother's shoulder.

"You'll be okay. Stay with Bambam and don't listen to what they say, because none of it is true. I know who you are Yugyeom, and I promise I'll always come back if you ask. Okay?"

"Okay", Yugyeom whispered back, his voice full of emotion and tears threatening to fall down his face.

They pulled away and Mark patted Yugyeom's shoulder comfortingly before getting into his car. Yugyeom stepped back next to Bambam, grabbing his hand and gripping it tightly.

Mark waved to them as he backed the car out, and they waved back. Then he was gone, driving away to the airport to see Jackson again.

Bambam squeezed Yugyeom's hand comfortingly. "He'll come back."

Yugyeom bit his lip, his heart aching.

"I hope so."

\

"Are you sure it was a good idea to bring all of them here?"

Bambam gazed up at Yugyeom. Yugyeom shook his head, laughing.

"Look how much fun they're having."

The two boys gazed out at the beach, watching Changbin as he tried to dunk Chris's head underwater.

Bambam sighed, leaning his head on Yugyeom's shoulder. They were sitting on a blanket on the beach while the other boys, Changbin, Chris, and Felix, played in the moonlit water.

Felix screeched and launched himself on Changbin and the shorter boy fell over, both of them splashing into the water. Chris laughed at them until Changbin grabbed his leg and pulled him under the water with them.

Bambam got up, starting to slip his shoes and shirt off. Yugyeom stared at him in confusion.

"Come on, let's go. We're not just going to sit around all night, right?", Bambam asked. Yugyeom's eyes travelled down to his bare chest and he bit his lip.

"Alright."

He took off his shoes and shirt as well and they both ran down the beach, splashing into the water. Yugyeom laughed as Bambam pulled him along.

Chris spotted them and quickly made his way over to them, soaking wet. He slung an arm over Bambam's shoulders in a friendly way.

Then, he pulled Bambam down into the water suddenly. Yugyeom laughed at him before Chris pulled him down too.

They spent the next little while splashing in the water and getting soaking wet. Yugyeom got out of the water after Felix had pushed him down, pushing his dark, wet hair out of his eyes. He spotted Bambam a few feet away, laughing. He smiled to himself, gazing at the other boy.

Only a few weeks ago, he had one friend, who was now his boyfriend. Only a few weeks ago, he had told off all three of the boys he now considered his best friends. Only a week ago, he had found himself falling for an asshole he never wanted to see again.

So much had changed so fast in Yugyeom's life, and he was glad it had.

shit i'm sorry:

i'm so sorry it took me so long to get this chapter up. wattpad was being a bitch and froze my phone up every time i tried to get on here so i had to write on my laptop which i hATe but anyway we good now hopefully.

next chapter is the last chapter and then i'll be doing a QnA like i did in romeo and juliet and i'll be posting a list of songs to go along with this fic bc i reAALLY like music.

after that i might be taking a vvv short break until the school year ends bc i have a million projects and test to do and it's been v stressful and i only want to write stuff when i'm calm or it not gonna be good.

anyway i love y'all and as always the gc on insta is still open if u want to dm me (ixjasxi)

farewell children