/5/

They never diagnosed him with anything.

That was because his parents never took him to get diagnosed, because they wanted him to be normal and perfect, like his brother.

Kim Yugyeom knew there was something wrong with him. Normal people didn't notice every single flaw. Normal people didn't feel the uncontrollable need to insult others because of their flaws. Normal people "kept their fucking mouths shut".

Bambam, on the other hand, was diagnosed with plenty of things.

It was enough for him and Yugyeom both. Depression, anxiety, attachment disorder after attachment disorder, and to top it all off, a lovely case of ADHD. Bambam had it all.

Sometimes, Yugyeom wished he was like Bambam. That all he had to do to go somewhere else was steal a six-pack of beers or 'accidentally' poison the fish. In Yugyeom's eyes, Bambam had it easy.

What a beautiful fucking lie it all was.

\

"Hey, Kim Yugyeom."

Yugyeom closed his eyes, stopping in the middle of the hall and waiting for his beating. He knew he wouldn't escape Bambam for long.

"First of all, what the fuck was that last night? Second of all, I forgive you, but if you ever pull that shit again, you're gone, bitch."

Yugyeom opened his eyes. Bambam stood in front of him, a pissed look on his face. Yugyeom didn't care if he was angry, he was just so glad that Bambam hadn't abandoned him. For a second, he was tempted to hug the shorter boy.

"Really? You forgive me?", Yugyeom asked. Bambam nodded and opened his arms for a hug. Yugyeom scrunched his nose and pushed past Bambam. "Okay, moment's over."

Bambam laughed, following after the taller boy. "Oh, and I talked to Chris and his buddies and they agreed that you can still come to the party, as long as you say sorry and try to keep it under control next time. Also, Chris said that he doesn't give a fuck what you say about his hair, he likes it."

Yugyeom smiled to himself. A second chance, that was all he needed.

"Hey Yugyeom."

Yugyeom and Bambam looked over to the voice that had spoken. It was Jaebum, passing them in the hall. Yugyeom waved back shyly.

"Ew", Bambam said in disgust. He turned to Yugyeom. "What is with that guy? Why won't he stop flirting with you?"

"He's not flirting with me", Yugyeom mumbled. He started walking faster. "I have to get to class."

"Oh, okay. See you at lunch!"

Yugyeom hurried to class without saying goodbye.

\

"What are you doing today Yugs?"

Yugyeom sighed. He didn't really feel like hanging out with Bambam but he also didn't feel like making up an excuse...

"I'm busy."

"Doing what?", Bambam asked, taking a bite of his mashed potatoes.

"Stuff with Mark."

"When'd he get back?"

"Yesterday."

Bambam nodded, continuing to eat his lunch. He swallowed a big bite of potatoes. "Well, me and Chris are going to meet up with one of his college friends and he's gonna buy us some beer to drink by the tracks."

"You're going to drink beer by the train tracks?", Yugyeom asked. Bambam nodded. "Well, if you die, it's not my fault."

Bambam shrugged. "I got nothing to look forward to anyway."